[36] TOO BUSY

MONDAY (APPROX. 6 WEEKS LATER)

"oi..." atsumu says, squeezing your hand on the table.

"hm?" you ask. 

he's softened after taking a nap on the library table.

"can we go home now?"

facing your body to him, you pat his head.

"i told you two hours ago you can leave, atsumu. i'm fine in the library alone." you assure.

"i know. but i don't want to seem like a bad best friend for leaving you here all alone." atsumu replies, "and we're going to see what class we're getting into next year, right? i want to be there with you when you get accepted into class 7."

your heart flutters. even if you put your studies in front of your friends, they put you as a priority themselves. atsumu is a real one.

"tsumu." you hug him. "thank you."

"omiomi..."

"hm?" you ask, perking your head high at the familiar name.

"omiomi-kun asked if you're doing well." atsumu replies.

you beamed.

you hadn't talked to sakusa in what felt like ages, the last time was weeks ago where you exchanged a quick 'hi'. and it's not like it was your fault too because he wasn't texting much either. over the last few weeks you had conjured up a bare minimum of 2 messages still unchecked from him and they remained unchecked as you never thought to check them.

you both were busy with your lives now, it seemed that the friendship was left behind. the friendship that took ages to maneuver because of how cold and unfriendly one person was.

you had left the feelings you had for him behind too.

if it's meant to be, we'll be friends again in uni, you think to yourself, but for now, i need to focus.

you were under the impression that both of you needed to graduate first before you wanted to see him again. then you wanted to be open about your feelings for him if they were still going to be there. you would admit to liking him. 

an email notif lights up on your laptop and you instantly clicked on it, a rushing energy scurrying through you.

"i don't want to see it!" you gasp, moving your laptop to face atsumu.

"i'll check, then." his fingers move on your keypad, scrolling down before a smile made its way on your face, "class 7!"

your face lit up and your heart raced, "for real?!"

atsumu pushes the laptop to you with a large grin on his face.

and there you saw it, the acceptance into class 7. not only did content wash over you but a sense of relief hit you in the gut. now you knew you were capable enough.

"are you happy now?" atsumu asks.

you nodded, grinning. there was no happier news than this.