Aching Hearts

7 Years Later:

In Japan:

Jungkook woke up to the sound of his alarm clock. Shifting in his smooth silken cozy bed, Jungkook rolled over to his side and turned off the alarm clock, getting up and sitting on the bed. Letting out a low groan, he passed his fingers through his hair, rubbing his eyes from his finger pads, before rolling off the blanket and walking towards the restroom.

When he was done doing his morning routine, he wiped off the water from his face and watched his reflection in the mirror.

His eyes were hooded, a red line circling the boundary of his eyes. The veins of his temples were on display, making him come to the light of realisation that his migraine was still following him. His eyes were sore and his facial muscles were stretched. His mouth was completely dry and his throat was aching like someone had made him swallow a whole bunch of glass pieces.

Someone might have said the right thing: over work doesn't ever brings good results.

And, unfortunately, Jungkook could see clearly the effect on himself.

Sighing to himself, Jungkook changed into his work clothes and went downstairs, only to be met with the sight of his daughter sitting on the chair, eating her breakfast.

Jungkook’s heart fumbled a little at the sight. Although, it has been one of his morning veiw since last four years, but he couldn't help it. He always felt like breathing in a new life, a new fresh air, a new extraordinary kind of sensations whenever he saw his daughter in the morning, making him rely on the fact that he wasn't alone.

If he lost that one person who loved him beyond anything else in the world, then he was gifted with his Hazel.

With a smile taking over his lips, Jungkook went and sat beside her. His breakfast was shortly served to him, and Hazel immediately looked up at him, her doe eyes glinting and face beaming.

Jungkook knew when it happened.

Either it was something related to her mother or her Yoongi Uncle. It couldn't be anything other than that.

Jungkook leaned and kissed her on the forehead, stroking her her from the back of his hand. " May I know the reason of your face sparkling like that early in the morning? "

Hazel nodded, eagerly. She placed her i-pad back on the table, before standing up and scooting her chair a little more closer to Jungkook’s. " Mama called, and she said that she was going to pick me up. She said that I am going to spend weekend at her's. "

Jungkook’s eyes dropped from Hazel. He tilted his head and looked straight, taking a bite of his breakfast. His hands unconsciously clutched tightly over the fork he was holding, and his throat bobbed, as he kept his eyes on the wall infront of him.

Cora: the girl he had met during the initial days when he arrived in Japan. She worked in the same company as Jungkook’s as a stylist to the artists who were being photographed by Jungkook. There wasn't any attraction or even any spark of something which could make both of them hopeful of the bright future infront of them with each other.

It was the mutual sorrow which brought them together. Just two saddened and heartbroken birds finding their solace in one another.

Nothing really started in between them. Nothing. When Jungkook had left Taehyung behind him like that after spending that kind of night with him, where he could literally feel Taehyung’s soul merged with his flesh and his heart beating just beside his own, he became distant from the surroundings.