Chapter 2

“Are you serious?” I ask and giggle a bit suspicious.
“Yes.” They say with totally calm faces and I get confused again.
“You want me…I mean me…to be the coach of strongest national team?” I ask and laugh again.
“Yes.” They say the same calm and I stop laughing…again.
“Why me? No, not this question…Why a woman?” I ask totally confused because this really is the thing which is hard to understand “Vicente with the national team of your country became the champions of Europe and you want to change him? Are you people are going crazy?” I ask and my boss looks at me with kind of angry and scared look.
“Navishaa stop talking such…nonsense.” He says but the guys just looked at him and shows to calm down.
“Don’t worry. We will explain everything.” Says the one who talked the last “Yes, coach Del Bosquet reached really impressive results and we’re really not happy that he has to leave, but like we said before he has got problems with his health and we don’t want to risk. It could cause serious problems not only for the team but also for him. And why a woman?” he asks with a strange smirk but immediately covers it “We mentioned that too. Everybody thinks that the team needs some fresh blood. And the federation thought about really challenging changes.”

“I can see that.” I respond and still think that I’m dreaming “But…but why me? Why not a woman from your country?
“The federation chose you because you show some impressive results while you’re coach. You’re young, smart, and ambitious and already won a lot of tournaments and competitions. Explains another one and I take a deep breathe. It’s really not an easy decision to make like for example what to eat today. Because of this the whole life can change.

“And what about the team? Do they know that their coach is considered as a woman?” I ask and think that a man’s ego is above everything nowadays so it should be hard for them to accept the fact that they have to listen a woman.

“They don’t know about anything yet. You will be introduced as a coach tomorrow in the press conference in England.” They say and I look at them with my eyebrows raised.

“You have today to pack your stuff and tomorrow your flight to England is at 8am your time. The flight will be with us and from the airport we will bring you to your hotel and in the evening to the place where the conference will be.
“You’re talking like that it seems I have already accepted.” I say a bit confused.
“Of course you accept.” Says my boss and I look at him.
“The hotel, food, clothes, calls to home and every other expense will be paid. We also know that you have a mother who needs and intense caring. So we though that we will also pay for your mothers medicaments and hire a person who can take her of her 24 hours per day.” They say and my jaw drops again “And besides that with the money which you will receive during this month you will be able to pay for her treatment after everything will be over.”
“Why you want me to accept this so badly? Or you pay to every coach for their family members?” I ask confused and they both smile.
“We just need good results in the league.” Says one of them and I strangely giggle.

“We just don’t bother to mention about the prestige and honor which you will receive. You will be a star.” Says the other.
“So, do you accept?” asks the same and they both and of course my boss are looking at me with wide grins and I can really call that pressure.
I take a deep breathe and think for a second.
“Okay.” I say not really realizing do I want that or not. Don’t misunderstand me… to be the coach of strongest team in the Europe is amazing and I could only dream about that… but it’s really a hard and big responsibility and pressure. One little mistake and your life can turn upside down…
“And the last thing. Nobody can know that until tomorrow’s evening. Everything now is kept in secret and it should be like that till the press conference.” They say and one of them looks at me and other at my boss. We both nod and they both smile widely.
“Excellent.” They say and stand up from the chairs “We will meet tomorrow in the morning then.” They take my hand and shake it “We are looking forward to work with you.” They say still smiling “See you tomorrow in the airport.”
And they went out of my cabinet and my boss is left standing and looking at me widely.
“Aren’t you happy?!” he almost shouts
“Shh.” I show him to be quiet “Somebody could hear that “I say but it seems that he didn’t hear that and is drowning in his dreams.
“Everybody will be talking about that. The whole academy will be famous and more kids will come here and we will have a lot more money and maybe our infrastructure will improve…” he keeps talking to himself mostly and goes out of my cabinet.
I still amazed slowly sit on the chair and try to understand what had just happened…
I take a deep breathe and rub my forehead. How should I come back home and tell to my mom that tomorrow I’m going to England but I can’t tell why…? And Rick…I’m sure he will ask something also…
Oh right… I have a training tomorrow with my boys. I can’t just tell them that the training is cancelled because I know how badly they want to train. We had never skipped not even a one training and I want t continue like this. Probably I should ask somebody to place me for some time. Yeah…probably I should do this.
I stand up from my chair and go out of the cabinet to the corridor in which I meet Rick.
“Everything is good?” he suddenly asks and I look at him confused.
“Yeah. Why?” I ask.
“You’re all pale.” He says a bit scared.
“Oh. Everything is ok. I just wanted to ask you something.” I say and rub my neck nervously.
“Sure.” He says and softly smiles.
“Could you place me tomorrow in the training with my boys?” I ask a bit carefully and now he looks confused.
“Of course. But why?” he asks and I sigh nervously.
“It’s strictly forbidden to tell the reason. But I’m sure you will find out soon.” I explain him… Well it’s not an explanation after all…but.
------------------------------------
“Mom! I’m home!” I shout as I walk into my flat.
My mom’s room slowly opens and she with her stick slowly walks out of it.
“Careful.” I say quickly and come to her. I wrap my one arm around her shoulder and help her to go to the living room and sit on the sofa.
“Thank you.” She says with her poor voice and I smile “How was your day?” she asks and I look at her a bit guilty that I will have to leave her and quickly turn my look away.
“I need to talk with you about that.” I say nervously and feel her curious look on my face.
“Something happened?” she asks a bit scared and I look at her and smile.
“Nothing bad.” I say that she would stop worrying “I got today a job offer.” I say and she explodes her eyes in surprise.
“What kind of?” she asks happily.
“Today two men came to my cabinet with my boss and asked me to be a coach of team in Doncaster..." I quickly say to her and then carefully look to her eyes to see her reaction.
Mom gasps for few times and then lightly hugs me.
“That’s great honey. No… that’s more than great!” she says more excited than I am “Just wait till I will tell to my all friends!” she says happily but I stop her with my look.
“Yeah, about that we need to talk too. Nobody can know about that till the press conference which will be in England in tomorrow’s evening so that means that mom, please wait until the other morning.” I say to her begging and she just keeps looking at me but then suddenly smiles.
“Of course, honey.” She says softly and strokes my cheek “I’m so proud of you.”
I just awkwardly smile.
“I just want to apologize of leaving you. I really regret this.” I say sadly and look at her again “But they said that they will hire a nurse for you and you will have all the treatment which you need.”
“I will be fine, honey. And you just need to go there and think about your job.” She says but that doesn’t calm me down at all…