VII

PRINCESS ROSHANNE
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Why did you send her to the harem? Knowing that she isn't allowed there yet, until she is married?" It was the first thing her brother asked her as she changed into her riding clothes.

"She is to be assessed." She replied shortly after wearing her leather gloves, she turns to look at Alastair who remained standing facing the door.

"Assessed? For what? I thought you are capable of assessing things yourself." She smiles and shakes her head before turning to look in the mirror, she has her hair braided in details, making sure no strand would go astray.

"For her Worth, brother I believe I have gain an important chess piece, but I am uncertain still, for that woman lacks something." Once she if satisfied with her look she turns towards her brother and who was now facing her.

" A piece? Why would you need that woman sister? Just tell me and I would gladly spill that man's blood and sit you upon the throne and declare you queen myself. " She shakes her head and turned to look at him.

" Brother, did I not tell you that as long as that man has a single thread of golden hair in his head, we are not allowed to move. To kill him is to offend the gods, we must wait until the presence of Sol leaves his body and transfer to me." She stated, as much as she hates it her father still has golden strands in his head, though some of it is already turning black. She just had to be a little patient.

"That girl... What would she be playing in this scheme of yours?" He finally changed the subject, Roshanne stood and stared at him, she is uncertain of what role that girl will have in her scheme, she may be useless, she may be wrong and that girl isn't really of any use to her, but she feels that she wouldn't be willing to let her go that easily... She will have to look for something that she could be used to, even if it means warming her bed... She is for some unknown reason very interested in that girl, though she also finds her displeasing.

" Is that why you laugh at her earlier? Because you were trying to appease her so you could use her?" Alastair is man who rarely questions her, but she guess that as her brother he can't help it. He has the right to know.

"No, I laughed because of how hard she had tried to dispell the tension in the air with her stupid little talk." That was only half the truth, she did not mention of how adorable the lady look trying to ease the tension.

"I see." Her brother accepted, at least for now. She knows that he will ask questions again soon.

"Where are you going anyway? He followed her when she stepped outside of her room.

" I will ride Wildfyre and look around, then I will talk to the people. I'm sure that they will have some concerns regarding the increase of tax again." She shakes her head, her father is killing their people, by increasing the tax for year he was slowly starving his people, and driving his own kingdom to bankruptcy. The more that the war stretches the more money they had to pour... A lot of young people also signs up for the military, young people with the foolish dreams of living a better life once they joined her father's useless war, a life in exchange of seven gold coins... Not even enough to last them their whole life.

"Do you want me to accompany you." She places her hand on his shoulder.

"No, stay here... Stay by our bastard brother's side... Stir him away from troubles and report to me if you find anything useful." She kisses him on his cheeks before leaving.

She went to the west tower again to call for her dragon, but she wasn't alone, no... The great golden dragon Aureus lays there, sleeping. Roshanne had stared at the dragon for a moment, this beast is considerably older than her own, her father have claimed this one after his great grandfather, who also inherited him from his grand father, dragon had been in their family for ages, but has already been mounted three times, the golden dragon despite being old is still beautiful, it was kept as a pet, it was spoiled rotten, it won't eat just any meat, it demands high quality ones... The amount they had to spent for this one needs could already drove them empty, but of course they had to deal with just because her father adores him. Looking at his size, Wildfyre was easily gaining on him... She could already took him in battle and came out Victorious, Wildfyre is in advantage against this croon... Because her body is battled hardened, This dragon had witnessed two wars in his lifetime, but refuse to be used. Shaking her head she ignores him and whistles, calling her dragon.