XXXIII

Lady Dae
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

It's been two days since the departure of prince Erik, and lady Eleanor has yet to recover, the woman was still broken hearted and had refused to leave the room, it saddened her because she has no one to accompany her, well there was lady Helena but she too rarely left the confinement of her room... So she was left alone mostly to herself, most of the concubines avoided her.

"What's with the frown?" Princess Roshanne suddenly asked, the two of them were at the princess garden, Princess Adelaide had invited her for a tea party in which she couldn't refuse, turns out the princess had set up a tea party just for the three of them.

"Ummmm... I'm just worried about lady Eleanor." She answered watching as princess Adelaide make a flower by the corner.

"She'll be alright, just give her more time... This is the first time her son would be leaving for war." Princess Roshanne replied to her. The princess was wearing her usually color of dress... Red and gold, but she looks extra beautiful today, maybe because she was wearing a few jewelery, such as necklace and earrings made of rubies.

"Your highness... If you don't mind. Can I ask you something?" Princess Roshanne turned towards her.

"Drop the formalities Dae... We are in the garden." She reminded her.

"Oh... Um... Right." Her cheeks reddened.

"Go on ask away." The princess encourage her. Dae cleared her throat before asking the question that had been bugging her for quite a while now.

"Is... Lady Eleanor and lady Ceris lovers?" Roshanne smiles and shakes her head.

"I knew it's only a matter of time before you ask that question." She sets down her tea cup, she didn't answer right away, she remained looking at princess Adelaide who's making her flower crown, while her little dragon, named Pearl, a small dragon with white like scale and pinkish wings rest on her shoulder, Pearl was a small dragon, about the size of a cat... From what Roshanne had told her, Pearl would only grow to be about the size of a mule. Just enough to carry Adelaide.

"It was an open secret inside the harem about those two... They are lovers yes. They raised their children together and pretty much do anything together." Princess Roshanne answered her question. But this only made her worry.

"But... Wouldn't the king be mad?" Roshanne looks at her then.

"He will kill them the moment he found out about this... That's why the two kept it a secret." Still it was quite amazing how good they are at hiding it.

"And no one had dared to snitch on them?" The princess smirks at her.

"Trust me a lot have already tried... They weren't just successful." Lady Dae shivers, something about the way the princess had said it seems so sinister, there was a glint in her eyes that could only speak of something bad.

"The two are protected by me... Their secrets are safe with me... And I hope it will be with you too." Princess Roshanne turned to look her in the eyes, and Dae nods her head, of course, she wouldn't dare betray any of them. They were kind to her, in that way she could at least repay them. The two of them remained silent for a moment, just enjoying the quietness of the garden... That was until Neviska entered and approached her.

"My lady... Your father wishes to talk to you." Dae's head whip towards Neviska, her father? She had almost forgotten about him... Dae bit her lower lip... What does he want?

" Did he tell you what he wants?" Roshanne asked Neviska who shakes her head, the princess then turn towards her.

" You can refuse if you wishes to Dae." The princess reminded her, before holding her hand, Dae looked at their hand... And wishes it could be that easy saying no to her father, but she knows that man... If she refuse him... He would hurt her, and worst he could harm the princess too.