💫 7 💫

happy birthday samandcolby_rahie , here's 2 chapters for you ❤️

☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎

Something was touching my neck but I couldn't for the life of me figure out what. Eyes closed, I waited for a moment to feel something warm and wet gently touching my skin, moving down toward my collar bone. My body fell completely still in surprise, as a tongue ran halfway up to my neck before the spot was gently nipped. The perpetrator closed their mouth around the slight sting and sucked, and suddenly a dozen sparks shot down my body headed only to one place.

My eyes snapped open as I shoved Colby away from me, reaching up to rub my neck. He was a vampire, so even if I'd gone as far as to suction his skin, it wouldn't have left a mark. I, however, was basically human. It was going to be visible.

"You're an asshole," I growled at him, the reflection of my eyes' glow in his amused gaze.

"You started it, don't blame me for playing along."

"Ugh."

I climbed out of bed, begging that yesterday was the final day I needed to share with him. I'd been feeling the discomfort of my heat since it started and tonight was no different, which meant we had at least one more day just to be safe. I hated it.

When I got downstairs, I was surprised to find everyone in the kitchen casually leaning or sitting on the countertops as they talked. A couple of them glanced at me but didn't say anything. I assumed they'd heard our brief conversation and knew already what Colby had done. At least that took the surprise factor away.

I made food while listening to them, occasionally asking someone as politely as I could to move so I could get into a cupboard. When I needed to get into the fridge, where Colby was, I just shoved him aside without a word and he moved back into place once I was done. By the time I was leaning on the counter stabbing at bacon with a fork, the conversation had drastically changed.

"So, there are a couple of clans who think they're better than us. They've been running their mouth, I think it's time we get back into the game," Sam explained, looking only at Colby.

"What kind of running their mouth?" Colby questioned.

Sam shrugged. "The usual when we take a break. We're weak, we're easy targets, we'd never expect an attack. They think they could take us down but they won't actually do it. Still, they're tarnishing our name."

Colby deliberated for a few moments before nodding. "Alright, we'll teach them a lesson."

"Are we gonna start training again?" Kevin asked excitedly, already throwing weak punches into Mike's arm. Mike looked like he couldn't care less as he just sipped his drink and waited for an answer to his attacker's question.

"I guess. We don't need to train, we already-"

"Actually," Sam interjected, almost flinching that he'd interrupted Colby, "we have someone new with us. Amira's going to be coming with, so she could do with some training on how to fight vampires."

"I'm perfectly capable, Samuel," I pointed out, flashing my eyes at him.

He nodded. "I'm sure you are, I'm just thinking of you. Fighting one or two vampires is one thing, but a whole group? If they overwhelm you, you're far easier to kill than the rest of us.

"We need to plan a way to make sure you're always accompanied by someone who can either get you out or assist."

I hummed to myself in thought, chewing on a piece of bacon. I'd fought five vampires all on my own once, but Sam was right. If I happened to be off my game for any reason, I could die. I didn't grow limbs back like vampires did; once they were gone, they were gone.