💫 41 💫

someone tell me where to find this outfit

☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎

"This kinda feels... psychotic..."

"Don't be silly, Corbear. It's not psychotic, it's manipulative."

"Silly Corbear."

Jake and Tara shook their heads in disappointment as we stood outside the abandoned-looking building where one of Aiden's clans had been holed up. I was genuinely shocked when we'd arrived less than an hour ago, but considering the vampires inside who now lay dead in a pile a few feet away, I could understand it.

They hadn't been very strong or difficult to defeat. The perfect adversaries to get me back into the groove of fighting. All that training I didn't participate in was definitely worth it.

My eyes scanned over the heap before us in wonder, searching for anyone we might not have killed during our raid. Colby was crouched down with his back to the rest of us messing with something. I couldn't quite see what it was but it'd had his attention for a short while now.

"Brother, you good?" Sam called, and his head snapped back. He nodded silently, raising to his full height before he zipped over to us. I almost jumped when I felt his cool hand through the thin fabric of my top.

I looked up at his face, happily tucking into his side. "What were you doing? Please tell me you aren't a necrophiliac."

He rolled his eyes. "Isn't that technically what you are?"

I opened my mouth to respond when I realised that he was right. Technically. Was I... Could I be called a necrophiliac for sleeping with a vampire — who was a dead person — on multiple occasions...?

His lips twisted up in the corner as I went through a mental crisis in front of his very eyes. His hand ran up from the small of my back to my neck, pulling me closer. I automatically reached out for his torso, my palms flat to his stomach. I couldn't tear my gaze from his, completely lost in that stunning shade. What had been his intention when grabbing me? I couldn't even remember what we were meant to be doing here anymore.

Only when he glanced away — down at my chest — did I finally blink out of my sudden trance. I flicked his nose to get him to look me in the eye again and glared at him full-force. He gave me a sweet little smirk that almost spiralled me back into a trance, before circling his hand around my back so he was holding me unapologetically against his body.

"How long is this kid gonna be? I can't stand being around them anymore," Kevin complained as loudly as he could from across the group.

"He should show up any second," Sam assured him with amusement in his voice.

Given we had probably a few minutes, I raised my hand to Colby's shirt and dragged him down for a short kiss that lingered for half a second longer than I intended.

It just so happened that the clan of vampires we were waiting for arrived as I pulled back. I turned my head to see a familiar face on the other side of the body pile, his expression hesitant and his companions already half-turned ready to sprint off. Only one of them — the guy who'd suggested using me as a blood bag — looked scared, though, as he stared directly at me. He knew I knew.

I glanced up at Colby, encouraging him silently to be the bigger man and greet them. I genuinely didn't think he'd actually do it, but he turned in their direction. I only realised his hidden intentions when his arm 'subtly' stretched before me.

"Thomas," he said in a flat, uninterested tone.

I rolled my eyes. "Hi, Tom. Ignore him, he's still annoyed about the other night. How are you and your clan holding up?"