💫 31 💫

☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎

My shirt was on the floor and if I was being honest, I didn't remember how it had gotten there. Or how my shorts had come off. Or how Colby had ended up shirtless, too.

All I remembered was waking up to his lips at my neck and feeling an overwhelming need for him that refused to settle down. And now, sitting on his lap as he leaned against his headboard, nothing else mattered to either of us. I held his face in my palms as I reciprocated his kiss, occasionally closing my teeth around his bottom lip just to make him grip my hips tighter. His hands were travelling around my body, but he seemed to like my hips the most, trailing slowly up my sides and squeezing whatever flesh he could.

I hummed softly as he grazed his fingertips along the waistband of my underwear, so incredibly close to just pulling them off — or snapping them like he did most of my others. He was driving me mad without even trying.

But when it seemed like he was finally going to take another step, there was a loud knock on the door followed by the sound of the handle turning. I automatically shrieked a little in surprise as Colby shoved me at vampire speed behind him and zipped away. I naturally held the blanket to my chest, spotting a glimpse of blonde hair before he was blocking the line of sight.

"Fuck off," was his immediate response to the interruption.

"Colby," Sam scolded, "I've tried to yell for you three times but you've been ignoring me." There was a moment of silence. I could just about make out a crease in Colby's brow — I had to admit, I hadn't heard anyone calling for us, either. We really did get completely lost sometimes.

He crossed his arms. "What is it?"

"One of our allies has noticed some suspicious activity. We need to make our way over there before something goes down," Sam explained quickly. "I am sorry for interrupting, but this is urgent."

"What kind of activity?" Colby questioned without missing a beat. They were talking almost too fast for me to keep up, especially considering I still felt a little airy from what was happening just mere minutes ago.

My new furry friend rushed passed the two vampires in the doorway and hopped onto the bed to rub against me, as if she could tell I was on edge. I smiled as I gently scratched behind her ears, still listening to their conversation.

"Unknown vampires hovering around, trying to steal feeds from a location that isn't theirs, arguing with the clan... the usual." Sam's footsteps led away from the room now. "I don't want to ignore it, brother. I don't like it."

"We'll go down," Colby agreed briefly, casting a glance back at me. His eyes momentarily touched on the cat now sitting on my lap, then at my chest. "In a minute, though."

Jake snorted downstairs. "Right. Get dressed first."

"No offence, Amira, but we don't want to see any of what's going on up there," Corey added in a slightly more timid tone.

I rolled my eyes without responding, pushing the ball of fur from my lap so I could get up and find something to put on. I fished around in Colby's closet, where most of my clothes were by now, and picked out a simple outfit that was easy to get on.

Colby waited for me before we both headed downstairs, leaving my companion to hang out and probably sleep in our room. It was still wild to me that I could say I actually had a bedroom in this house, somewhere I could be certain I'd be able to stay, and that I'd somehow managed to get a pet, too. A pet Colby hated and that hated him, too, but that didn't really matter to me.

In the hallway as I shut the door behind us, I felt something wrap around my hand and glanced down at where Colby's fingers were sliding between mine. I snickered, squeezing him. He was too shy about it to even look at me back, his eyes locked on the steps. A part of me expected him to let go, but instead his grip tightened and he dragged me down the stairs toward everyone else waiting at the bottom.