💫 14 💫

☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎

CASSIE

"Wait, where did-"

"Where do you think?" Jake laughed, pointing toward the bar. "He's over there."

☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎

AMIRA ANDREWS

Colby barely gave me a second to breathe. One moment, I was just turning to face him, the next, one hand was on my waist while the other took hold beneath my jaw, and I was pressed against him. His lips descended onto mine, and Goddess forgive me, I instantly closed my eyes to reciprocate.

Running my hands up his chest, I leaned into him as we moved our lips together in sync, my fists clenching around his shirt so I could stop him from moving away. I felt my heart racing as I backed up just a step, pulling him with me so my back was to the bar. Maybe we would get told off for this, but if that bartender knew who her boss was, she wouldn't say a damn word.

Colby's hands were driving me crazy. Starting at my waist, he moved them around my back, up my sides, one of them into my hair. The slightest tug, and my lips parted for him, allowing his tongue to tangle with mine. I just didn't argue about any of this. I knew why he felt the need to claim me, I knew it was pretty pathetic, but I couldn't deny in that second my draw to him. It'd been there all this time, abandoned and ignored as best we could, but after that display from Kian? I needed him. I needed to explain to myself exactly what I was walking away from to have.

Whether we argued or not, this side of it? The physical, intoxicating side, it was exhilarating.

"Your reason for doing this is pathetic, you know," I murmured as he gave me just a second to take in oxygen.

He trailed a finger beneath my jaw, holding my face up tilted toward him, his eyes still on my lips. "Yeah, I know."

"Good." I reached up and dragged him back down, as his hands circled around my back and held me against him. They trailed lower, hovering at my hips before he reached round just one hand to grab my ass. Despite already being in heels, I raised onto my toes to make it easier for him.

Knowing we couldn't go any further than this was incredibly frustrating, but at the same time, I was filled with wonder for what we would do today, when we were alone in his bed half-dressed.

"Alright, you two, that's enough. You're in public," Kevin muttered like a child across the room. I was amazed I'd been able to hear him considering nearly every one of my senses were locked onto Colby at that moment.

"Uh, guys, ser-"

"Incoming," Mike cut off Sam's nervous murmur, which caused Colby to pull away, his brows furrowed. I began to move away so I could see what was bothering them so much and what the hell Mike meant, when I spotted them.

"Amira!"

Internally groaning, I slid around Colby so I was blocking him off from the two figures approaching, my body shifting into a defensive stance without making it too obvious. I didn't need this right now.

"Oh, sorry, did we interrupt?" Anna came to a stop a few feet away and glanced between me and Colby for a moment before doing a double-take. "Wait, is that..."

"Colby Brock," Kian finished for her, sighing. He gave me an apologetic look but we were way passed that. Now I was pissed. "I did try-"

"What do you want, Anna?" I interrupted, my voice harsh and commanding. I was staring directly at her in contempt, and I felt Colby shifting behind me. I wasn't sure what he was doing but as long as he stayed back there, I didn't care.