Writing On Wattpad

Anything you see in orange is a link. Click on those and you will be directed to helpful places.

Do you want to write your first story?Wattpad has many features, which might all seem confusing to a new writer

Wattpad has many features, which might all seem confusing to a new writer. Here is a quick rundown of essential guides you can follow to get started.

How do I create a story? - Start with creating your book/draft. T

Before writing
Set the story page information right. 

Edit your story details - To help Wattpad's algorithms, fill in some basics for your story

╰➤ What should I rate my story? - Targeted to a mature audience or for everyone?
╰➤ Add story notes - Keep yourself organized and write notes to yourself!
╰➤What genre should I choose for my story? - What genre does your story belong to?
╰➤ How do I add a story description? - Give up a summary of the story.
╰➤ Add a Time Setting to a Story - When does the story occur?
╰➤ Add Main Characters to a Story - Who is the protagonist?
╰➤ Add a Target Audience to a Story - To whom do you write?
╰➤How do I add a cover to my story? - A book cover will draw in readers.
╰➤Create and Upload a Cover with Desygner - Make the book cover yourself.
╰➤ How do I add tags to my story? - Tags help identify your story.

During writing
You can always update these things later. But once you have the basic information written down, it's time to start writing.

╰➤ How do I edit my chapter? - On Wattpad, chapters are called "parts."
╰➤ How do I format my text? - You can change how the text looks and where it's placed.
╰➤ How do I add media to my chapters? - Make it aesthetic and add a picture or video.
╰➤ How do I remove media from my chapter? - You can always remove the aesthetics again.
╰➤ How do I add a new chapter or part to my story? - Write more chapters.
╰➤ How do I delete a story part or story? - Unhappy with the result? You can delete it here.
╰➤How do I use revision history? - Go back in time and see what changes you've made.
╰➤ Write your story offline - Are you commuting with no signal? No worries!

After writing
After you're done writing, you can publish your story,  rearrange it, and watch your readership grow as it is discovered!

╰➤ How do I dedicate a chapter to someone? - Someone inspired you? Mention them!
╰➤ How do I add an external link to my chapter? - Do you have a website? You can link it.
╰➤ How do I change the order of Chapters/Parts? - Rearrange the chapter order.
╰➤ How Do You View Your Story Part as a Reader? - Check what your readers see.
╰➤ How do I reorder my stories on my Profile? - Place your best story on top of your profile.
╰➤ What is story statistics? and How do we use statistics? - Check how many reads you have.
╰➤ How do I mark my story as Complete? - Is the story finished? Time to make it complete!
╰➤ How to revert a story back into a draft? - You can unpublish again at any time.

Do you want to improve your storytelling skills?
We know that practice makes perfect. And we have a lot of users on the platform who are here to work on their craft. So, we have shared some links to our recommended hang-outs for Wattpad writers.

Storytelling Tips - A fun guide with tips for writing and posting stories on Wattpad.

Improve Your Writing - An Ambassador-run profile dedicated to writers seeking advice about the craft, author branding, and a place to challenge their writing skills.

Creators 101 - Details about Wattpad's Creators program. Improve your writing through our program.

Writing 101 - A reading list filled with tips and advice on EVERYTHING!