Get Your Setup Right.

Anything you see in orange is a link. Click on those, and you will be directed to helpful places.

 Click on those, and you will be directed to helpful places

Declutter Your Space and set the record straight.
Wattpad allows you to do many things and has various well-known and lesser-known features. To get you all caught up so you can get the best out of your experience on Wattpad, here is a rundown of the essentials

(1) Create, login/logout, and verify/activate your account
To utilize all features on Wattpad, you need an account. You can read how to create your account in this article.

Once registered, your account is stored on Wattpad's servers, so you can sign in or out of accounts on any device or browser you use. Read this guide on how to log in to/log out of your account.

When you first join Wattpad, you will be asked to verify the email address linked to your account. It's a quick and easy process, and once done, you gain various abilities, such as following other users, sending private messages, publishing a story, voting on others' stories, etc. Please refer to this article to verify/activate your account.

(2) Customize your profile
Congratulations on becoming an official Wattpadder! With your account now active, it's time to customize it so your account becomes unique just for you.

Usernames/Display name
The first thing you can change is your username or your display name. Now, your username is what identifies your account and starts with @. Your username is what enables others to discover your profile. Usernames are unique, so no two users have the same one. Here is an article on how to change your username.

Your username differs from your display name (also known as full name or name); your display name appears only on your profile. Your display name does not need to be unique and can contain spaces or special characters. You can learn more about display names in this guide: Changing your display name. 

Profile picture, profile banner, and "About me" section
One thing that can make your profile unique and personal is decorating it with pictures and a description.

A profile banner(or background image) is a large picture on your profile's front page. Others can see this picture when they visit your profile. You can see how to change it with this article.

A profile picture is the rounded picture you see on your profile. This picture will be shown to other users when you engage with them around Wattpad. You can see a guide on how to change it right here.

Another thing you can decorate and personalize is your profile description(also called the "About me" section). Tell your followers and newcomers to your profile a bit about yourself. The more they get to know you, the more likely they will follow your Wattpad journey down the road. You can see how to change it in this article.

Language/location
On Wattpad, there are two language options that you can adjust.

First is story language: This changes the language of the stories found in search results or recommended for you to read. It will not change the language that Wattpad is displayed in nor provide a translation of stories.

The second is the display language: This changes the language in which Wattpad is displayed. It will not change the language of the stories shown to you, but it'll show Wattpad's website app according to your chosen language.

You can read  this article on how to change language 

Different from language, the location, if you choose to have any, won't affect anything on your account. If enabled, your location will show on your profile. That can be a quick and neat way to find authors from specific regions of the world.

You can read this article on how to add/remove location

Change Email/Notification settings.
A few other things you can customize can be found in your settings menu.

Wattpad has three different kinds of notifications that you can enable and disable as you like. Those notifications are anything from new followers to story updates to new comments.

Email notifications are emails you'll receive in your email that you have connected to your account.

Push notifications are the classic alerts on your mobile that appear outside your app.

Fed notifications are notifiers that appear in your feed in-app or on the web of Wattpad. Note that these cannot be turned off.

And then there's your email, of course. Should you wish to change the email your account is connected to at any point, you can update your email easily from your settings. See this article on how to.

(3) Close or delete your profile
If, at any point, you decide that you no longer wish to have your account, you can either close or delete it from your settings. You may find out how to do this through this article.

Do note that if you close your account, you will lose access to any libraries, reading lists, private and public messages, comments, personal written works, and username associated with the account.

You can reopen your account up to six months after deactivation. After six months, the account will be permanently deleted.