+N E W R O O M M A T E+

Guest went to a very popular high school- everyone went there. There were hundreds of students there, in fact. Guest never spoke to anyone, and nobody spoke to him- it was as if he was invisible. Nobody knew him.

Guest had a room of his own. Everyone was meant to have a roommate, looks like Guest didn't have one. He stayed alone for about a month, and to him, to him, that okay. He liked being in quiet places, like the library, or the computer room while nobody else is there. He found it relaxing being in a quiet room with the sound of birds chirping outside. It was as if he was in the clouds, dancing.

One day when he was in the classroom alone studying, he heard the door open ever so slightly. He looked up and saw a boy. He seemed smaller than Guest. It was.. a noob? Guest didn't really get to see them. Guest waved at them, and the Noob waved back. He smiled sweetly. 

'Hey.. Um- are you Guest?' The Noob asked. Guest nodded. The Noob then smiled at him. 'Hi! I'm #####, but you can just call me Noobi!' 

'Noobi?' Guest voice was so quiet that he had to repeat what he said to the Noob multiple times. 'Yes, my name is Noobi. I can tell that you don't talk so much.'

'How can you tell?' Guest asked. 

'Oh, it's because your voice isn't very high. It's quite quiet.. and it's not very.. loud. Do you normally talk to anyone? Like friends by any chance?' Noobi asked. Guest shook his head, 'Us Guests aren't allowed to talk to so many people- we like to keep ourselves hidden; we cannot make ourselves look like... bait for other people to talk advantage of.'

Noobi could tell that this Guest liked poems, Noobi has never met a guest who liked poetry! No guest that Noobi had met liked poems. Noobi seemed interested. He entered the room and sat with Guest.

'I see you like poems.' Noobi looked down at the paper that he was looking at on the table. Guest nooded, 'I like writing my own poems.'

'Do you like romance?'

'Not really.. I have never written about it before.' Guest then got curious of why Noobi had entered the room in the first place. So having a curious mind, he asked him, and Noobi replied with, 'Oh, I had to find you because I'm your new roommate!' 

Guest stayed quiet for a minute. He didn't know how to react. He was always alone, and now somebody finally wanted to be with him? Guest looked down at his lap. 'Is it fun to have a roommate?' Guest asked, 'I'm always been alone, and I've liked being alone- I don' know what it is like to have somebody practically living with you.' 

Noobi sighed, 'Y'know.. people always say that they don't want to be my roommate. So.. I guess that we both go through the same thing..?'

'Have you stayed alone in a dorm too?'

'Not.. exactly. I've been kicked out of multiple dorms as if I don't belong there. People say that they can't keep up with my bursts of energy, and that's what they hate about me the most.'

Guest had too many questions in his head, but he stayed quiet- he didn't want to talk so much and seem.. annoying.

'I don't think that energy bursts are a bad thing- they're a nice thing and they're completely normal. I don't see why people see them as a bad thing.'

Noobi smiled in appreciation. 'Yea, at least you understand! I don't understand why people wouldn't want to see a bundle of happiness everyday. Even better if you wake up to it.'

There was awkward silence for a moment, until Noobi put his elbow on the table and smiled 'You know.. I like you Guest.'

That caught Guest off guard. Guest instantly set his eyes on Noobi, 'H-huh?!' he stuttered. Noobi knew what Guest was thinking, because his face turned a bright pink. 'No! No! Not.. not like that! What I mean is that you're a nice person in general. I don't see why no one talks to you.' 

Guest turned away in embarrassment. To think that somebody would like a person like him. He was quiet and he normally focused on his studies. While everyone else went to parties and didn't do their homework. But to Guest, Noobi was different.. He focused on his studies and sometimes went to parties, people didn't really like him as much as they didn't like Guest.. they had many things in common.

'Well.. I will see you tonight.. A-AT THE DORMS.. I mean..' Noobi said, trying not to make things awkward for him. Guest nodded.

'Yea, see you at the dorms.'

Noobi left, and once he did, Guest put his head down on the desk and sat quietly to think about the conversation. That was his first time even talking to anyone in this school. Guest softly smiled. Was this finally a new beginning for him?

'No..' Guest said to himself, 'I only just met him- he might not be the person he seems at first sight.'

But something in Guest was saying, Oh my gosh.. he's perfect..' Guest couldn't take his mind off Noobi. Maybe this was something new for him.

Or was it..?