Chapter-3-Policemen with Railguns

"Oh shit."

I say, now suddenly aware I am not safe in the slightest.

The guns snap to life, slowly charging up with an ascending tone.

I jump away to the side just as the first shot zaps through the area I was in.

The bots readjust their aim to my new position, and restart the charge up process, just as I regain control of my body.

The situation, is very quickly very precarious, every way out is blocked, except...

The sky.

I leap up to gain speed, and start my ascent.

"Ha piece of cake!.. See ya lata suckas!"

Though before I can get free, my face bonks into a hard surface that I just cannot see, accompanied with a very strange sound.

I realize very quickly that I am as good as dead.

I flop to the ground and except my fate, as the railgun on the left one whirrs to my position.

But just before the rising sound of the laser can begin, I feel someone touching and pulling my leg from under the Conveniently-Placed-Symmetrical-
Manhole below me.

I fall down into the sewer below just as the shot connects with the roof above, with me screaming all the way down.

Crashing down onto the concrete floor, everything is in a daze.

I see an endless tunnel of semi-circular shape with much conformity and above me, a figure clad in brown and brass, standing atop a ladder with a strained, tired expression.

The person seems to be a woman, with thick, knotty, orange hair down in a bunch at her shoulders.
Though, her eyes are covered by a visor of sorts.

"What the hell!? Who are you? What's going on?!" I yell, through the bombardments of the lasers.

"Doesn't matter! All you need to know is that you're safe! For Now!!" Replies the unidentified woman.

Although she did say that, I don't believe this place is quite so safe.

I am proved right as a loud banging sound starts on the manhole, shaking the entire space including us.

The Woman corrects herself. "Ok, maybe not."

Her ladder starts wobbling as the intensity of the hits become more aggressive, and the hatch seems to shift a bit.

"Help me lock this thing!!! The forcefield will be enough to hold them out till w- uh, you, can get out of town!!" She yells, as she reaches for an interface on the side of the hole, pressing some sort of button which makes it spring to life.

I don't know what she means by forcefield, but all I know is we need to lock this thing, whatever it is.

I stumble back up, and try to do anything I can to help.

I float up to the interface with my wings, while the girl fiddles with it's controls, hitting it everytime she did something wrong.

Sitting there, I'm not even sure what I'm meant to do, it was unlike anything I'd seen before. And she, was navigating it flawlessly, well, not really.

She hits it once again and turns to me, obviously a bit distressed.

"Don't just sit there, DO SOMETHING!"

"Like What?!"

I reply, just trying to decipher whatever the hell is happening, or what just happened, or even what's about to happen.