F I V E

“Why don’t you take a seat Zayn?” Mrs. Quantine smiled and gestured Zayn to take a seat further down the classroom. I looked up to meet his devious smirk before he passed me and sat down in front of Liam. I gulped and tried to focus on the lesson, even though I felt his brown eyes burn at the back of my head.

Zayn had been utterly quiet on the Spanish lesson but seemed to actually pay attention to class. After class I walked down the corridors towards the cafeteria with Harry and Liam on my sides. It felt good, it felt normal but somehow Zayn’s face was always there at the back of my mind, keeping me grounded.

Harry had been asking about my bruised wrists and my sore lips. At first he thought I was a self-harmer but when I lied and explained how rough the night with Chad was, Harry just laughed and let it be.

We entered the cafeteria and I cached Josh’s tiny body and Louis feminine at the end of the room. I grabbed a plate and put the day’s meatloaf on it before walking over to him and Louis.  As Louis saw me he stood up and greeted me with one of his hugs.

His breath tickled my neck like it always did, but it always made me feel secure. Josh gave me a smile but decided to not hug me, he was still lost in his gay-or-not conflict with himself.

“So Nialler is back on track?” Louis asked as me, Liam and Harry joined them.
I nodded and stabbed the fork into the grey toned meatloaf.
“Where did you leave Chad? I haven’t seen him in days, and he didn’t show up for football practice?” Josh said with his eyes down on his food.
God I wanted to tell them so bad… I didn’t want to lie and say that he was probably somewhere around when I knew he definitely wasn’t around…

“Guys I really need to talk to you about something…” I started, but froze as I saw how Zayn came our way with a plate in hand.
“Hey Niall” Zayn said and waved. All of the other lads looked his way confused. Louis turned to me with big eyes.
“Omg Niall, who is Mr. Sexy?” He asked with an excited look on his face.

“That? That is…” I said but stopped as he reached us.
“Hey there” Louis said and smirked at Zayn, which made me want to dig a hole and hide down there forever. This wasn’t a new student trying to make friends, this was Zayn Malik, a murderer keeping an eye on me.
“Well Niall, introduce us please?” Liam said and put his elbows on the table.
I choked on my saliva; just praying the lads would see through his fake smile and see the criminal he really was.

“I am Zayn, Zayn Malik, Niall’s roommate” Zayn introduced himself and looked on all of the others with a smile plastered on his face.
“Roommate?” Harry asked and gave me a confused but happy look. I bite down on my lip to keep the truth inside.
“Very nice to meet you Zayn, my name is Liam, I sat behind you in Spanish class” Liam said and rose to shake Zayn’s hand. Zayn shook it and kept faking.

“I am Harry, pleasure” Harry smiled and waved at him from the other side of the table.
“I’m Josh” Josh said and I noticed his shaking fingers.
“And I am Louis, very nice to meet you” Louis said and rose to give Zayn a hug.

I felt like strangling myself… I just wanted all of them to know about the TRUTH.
“So… Niall you never mentioned any roommate?” Louis said as he sat down again. Zayn sat down next to Josh, opposite to me.

I coughed and took a sip on my glass of water to save time.
I put the glass back on the table and saw how Zayn shot me a death glare.
“I was about to…” I simply answered.

“Yeah really…” Liam chuckled and rolled his eyes at me.
“So Zayn, where are you from?” Harry asked…
And the lies just kept on escaping Zayn’s lips, like mine, even when I didn’t say anything I lied.

later

I put my sience book in my locker to swap it with the math book, my favorite subject, and I didn’t feel like learning a new equation today…
“Hello there…” A dark manly voice said behind me. I rolled my eyes and closed my locker and without turning around I said,

“Leave me alone Zayn”
“Who’s Zayn?” The voice asked and his words made me turn around. Kyle, Kyle Jenkins, the gay football player, one of the best in our school was standing there in front of me, smiling with both his lips and eyes.

“I…I’m sorry I thought you were someone else” I said and cleared my throat.
“I can be whoever you want me to be” He said and winked. Really man? Seducing me at this moment? Not a good idea…

“Listen, I have to go” I said and put my math book under my arm. I realized I was late since Kyle and I were the only ones in the corridor.
I was about to leave when Kyle gently backed me up against the locker, pressing his chest on mine.

“How about I take you to The Kit on Friday? It’s a lovely restaurant with good chicken” He offered and placed his finger under my chin, forcing me to meet his gaze.

“I have a boyfriend” I lied and turned away.
“Well that doesn’t mean you can’t do better?” He smirked and stroked my cheek.
“Look, it’s nice and all, but I really need to get going” I said and tried to pry myself away from Kyle.

“Please, just one date… If you hate the chicken, I guess I lose and you win” He said as he grabbed my forearm. I looked at him and met his grey, kind eyes. This guy wasn’t a pervert; he was an ordinary guy who wanted to ask another guy out.
I sighed and nodded, making the older boy smile before pulling me in for a kiss on the cheek.

“I’ll pick you up on Friday around 7” He said and left. I watched how he disappeared around a corner before turning around, meeting two evil, familiar eyes, just an inch from my face.
Zayn…

“That was hilarious” Zayn said, not showing any sign of amusement. His face was straight, his eyebrows furred and his nostrils fluttered.
I was confused, so I decided not to speak.
“Name?” He spat. I bent my eyebrows and grabbed a hold of my math book to somehow get prepared for an attack. Using the book as a shield if I had to.

“His name is not important” I said and waited for Zayn’s next move.
“Everyone that involves you is important, if you won’t tell me his name, I will make sure to cut out his organs before I manage to learn it” Zayn hissed and took a step forward.

“Kyle Jenkins…“ I whispered and looked down on my feet.
“You’re going out with him this Friday huh? Letting go of your boyfriend so soon are we?” Zayn chuckled.
“Fuck you” I spat and made sure to sound as hateful as possible.

“And I told you to leave my friends alone…” I said, getting a slight of confidence.
“First of all, you are not threatening me, it’s the other way around… and second, I’ll do whatever I want, third… I haven’t done them anything… yet” He said walked away.

Later

I sat in my room; Zayn had locked me in to make sure he knew where he had me. I sat by my desk, doing my math homework since I skipped math class.
I heard Zayn in the living room, watching TV…

I flicked my computer on, turning off the sound to make sure Zayn didn’t hear me.
I logged into Facebook and found that Josh was online.

Niall are you there? I need to speak to you about something important…

I need to speak to you too! Zayn is crazy, I need you to call…………....................

The computer wouldn’t let me finish my sentence. The site was frozen… in a second it turned black.
What in the world?
I suddenly heard footsteps on the other side of the door. Zayn stopped on the other side, his face an inch from the door.

“Again Niall? Really?” I heard his dull voice. My eyes widened… how? How did he?
I rose and ran to the door, banging on it with my fists.
“No, wait, how?!” I yelled.

“Like I said, I have my eyes on you and everyone around you…”
His footsteps faded and I banged harder on the door.
“NO ZAYN STOP!” I yelled, tears forming in my eyes. He wasn’t really going to? He couldn’t really?
“Tomorrows headline, young boy Mr. Josh Devine made a second try on suicide, and succeeded”

Zayn said like he was reading it.
“ZAYN!!” I cried and with all of my might trying to get the door to open.
The sound of the front door close made me fall to my knees. I leaned my forehead on the door, choking on sobs. I did it again…

After a minute I rose slowly before, with all of my power, kicked the door in, falling down over it.
I got up and ran out the door towards Josh. I had to save him…

I ran down the street, hoping I wasn’t too late. Josh only lived two blocks away which meant I didn’t have that much time.
I ran into the building of his apartment and ran up the stairs towards his door. When I reached it I found it open. I ran inside and checked every room… Josh?!

I opened the door to Josh bedroom, where I found Zayn on my friends bed, sitting next to Josh with a gun aimed at his head.

“Hi Niall, nice of you to drop in” Zayn smirked and pressed the gun harder to Josh’s temple.
Josh was crying, his body trembling with fear.
“Zayn don’t do this…” I said and held my hands up in defense… this had happened before, but I was now in Chad’s position.

“Tell him Josh, tell him what you needed to tell him so badly” Zayn said and glared at me with his demon eyes.
“I…I…” Josh stammered but didn’t get his words out.

Zayn sighed and rolled his eyes, hitting Josh in the head with the gun.
“NO!” I yelled, taking a step forward.
Josh fell forward down on the floor, his hands to his head. Zayn rose and pointed the gun at me.
“Tell him Josh, tell him what you were so eager to tell him” Zayn spat, keeping his eyes on me.

“Josh…” I whimpered, looking down on my fragile friend.
“He was going to tell you, that he is in love with you” Zayn said and bent down next to Josh, who was crying more now.
“Isn’t that true Josh?” Zayn asked and turned Josh on his back so I could see his face.

“ISN’T THAT TRUE?!” Zayn screamed, making me flinch.
Josh nodded, tears falling down like rain.
“He’s in love with you Niall… isn’t that cute?” Zayn laughed ironicly and rose.

“Sit down on the fucking bed” Zayn yelled at me. I looked worried down on Josh before I obeyed.
This was all my fault, guilt was strangling me.
I sat down and leaned my head against the headboard. Zayn pulled Josh up by his hair and pulled him towards me. He shoved him down on the bed and pointed the gun at his temple again.

“I want you to kiss Niall, Josh” Zayn said, his eyes were filled with something, something that made me shiver, something that made me cold inside. What was he playing?

Josh looked up on me with his tearstained face. I gave him a slight smile to show him that it was alright. I wasn’t afraid of kissing him, even though I only saw him as a friend.

“KISS HIM!” Zayn screamed and Josh crawled closer to me, his body was shaking in fear.
Our faces met and he looked down on my lips before looking into my eyes.
“I am so sorry Ni…Niall” He apologized.
“Don’t….” I whispered but stopped when Zayn loaded his gun.

“FUCKING KISS HIM”
Josh leaned in, and our lips met. He pushed his tongue inside of my mouth and held his hands on my neck.

I felt nothing, sadly… I felt nothing at all.
When we parted, Josh eyes were filled with lust, even though the tears was pooling his blue orbs.
I heard Zayn chuckle to my left…

“How does it feel to be so happy, just before you die? It’s amazing right? How everything feels so good…” Zayn said and grabbed Josh’s hand.

“The thing is Josh, Niall doesn’t love you… he only sees you as a friend. He would never love you” Zayn said and placed the gun in Josh’s hand.
Josh looked heartbroken on me, like I just had stomped on his heart.
“Josh…” I said, trying to calm him down. I could see how his feelings got the best of him.

“No one would love a confused little shit like you Josh. You are better off dead” Zayn said.
Josh eyes widened before putting his finger on the trigger.
“JOSH? NO DON’T LET HIM…”

“I love you Niall”
BANG….
Josh shot himself… in the mouth. Blood spraying the wall behind him, his body dropped dead down on the bed. 

------
That was unexpected right? Poor Josh... :(
I liked the school bad boy Zayn a lot better...