Chapter 48 : Post Marriage Rituals

After two days of long journey, Pandavas and Draupadi arrived in Devapath. Draupadi rushes to work immediately.

"Priyamdava, in the garden under my palace, make preperations for them to stay. Make a hut there. Appoint maids and guards around there," Draupadi orders.

She went straight for the Sabha. Ministers had lot of pending matters to discuss. Draupadi thought for a second. Then went to the garden. As Yudhisthir has returned, it's his right to be in the Sabha.

"Arya Yudhisthir," she calls.

"Panchali," Yudhisthir cupped a side of her face looking at her affectionately.

"Arya, if possible. Will you handle the Sabha for some days? It's your right and I have to make preperations as well," Draupadi says.

"You are performing your duties quiet well," Yudhisthir says.

"But a syou have returned. It's your right and dharma," Draupadi says.

"As you wish," Yudhisthir placed a kiss on her forehead.

Devapath was decorated like a new bride. People were happy and anticipating the arrival of the brides of their beloved princes.

"Panchali, they love our sons so much," Arjun compliments looking at the arrangements common people have made.

They are currently in the balcony of Draupadi's chamber from here the entire Devapath can be seen. Streets were filled with decorations, people have made various sweets and are eagerly waiting for their beloved princes to arrive.

"They do. Because they are not only my sons but also they are the sons of Aryavarta. They are the future of Aryavarta," Draupadi says proudly.

"Even Jyest didn't have this much public love and support. Prativindhya is like their own son," Sahadev comments.

"This is how I raised them. The King is for his people. They are his family," Draupadi says.

It was decided. Guests will come from Aryavarta. Almost 3 weeks will it take to wrap everything up. The cooks were in the kitchen all day today. Because today the brides are coming.

"Prepare my room and Jiji's room," Draupadi instructs.

"The first few weeks the new brides will sleep with their mother in laws and won't meet their husband until all rituals are completed," Draupadi explains to a confused Bheem.

"You are giving Hidimba the responsibility?" Bheem asks.

"She is his Jyest Mata. It's her right," Draupadi answers.

"Draupadi, is everything ready?" Hidimba enters.

"Yes Jiji. Where are they?" Draupadi asks.

"It won't take too long. I came beforehand," Hidimba says.

"Where's Mata Kunti? Uffo...times like this I can't find anyone," Draupadi is about to get crazy.

"Calm down, Putri. I went to make this," Kunti enters with four beautiful garlands of lotus.

"Maa, it's..." Draupadi smiles.

"Putri, you remember? I prepared exactly like this for your wedding. Now I will do this for my Prativindhya and Sutasoma's wedding," Kunti enters.

"They will be welcomed with these Mata," Draupadi says.

The conch blew and Hidimba and Draupadi exchanged glances then rushed outside. They have entered the city.

"Dasi, distribution gold coins for the next three weeks. The path they are coming, decorate and spread flowers on it," Draupadi says.

The whole palace was filled with the beautiful smell of flowers. Pitamah Bhism, Mahamntri Vidhur came first. Pandavas and Panchali took their blessings and welcomed them with rituals.