Chapter 130 : Division at the Worst Time

"Samrat and his brothers didn't have lunch as well," Padma whispers to Draupadi.

Inside her chamber, Draupadi sets up the food and is waiting for Arjuna to return from the training arena. Hearing this, her hand froze midair when she was taking the plate for herself.

"Even Bheema?" Draupadi asks.

"Yes, even Yuvraj Bheema," Padma answers.

Draupadi knows. Never they had their meal unless it was her who served them. Even in Indraprastha, she was always the one to serve them.

"Then..."

"Is the food ready?" Arjuna enters the chamber.

Draupadi and Padma straightens up. Draupadi gestures Padma to leave. Arjuna doesn't like anyone else present when it's them together.

Draupadi stands up taking off his Angavastram. Arjuna places Gandhiva on it's place. Both pays their respect to the divine weapon. Then sits down for lunch.

"Where's your plate, Panchali?" Arjuna asks.

"I ate not long ago," Draupadi lies.

"Quit lying. You are horrible at it," Arjuna scoffs.

Draupadi doesn't even want to see the foods in front of her right now. But she sits beside him fanning him gently.

"Here," Arjuna makes a morsel for her.

Draupadi's eyes meet with his golden orbs. His eyes overflowing with affection for her. But...the food won't go down her throat. She lowers his hand softly.

Arjuna doesn't speak for a time being, "What happened? Are you sick?"

Draupadi grits her teeth. She knows he is very well aware of why she won't eat. But he can be the most difficult person to deal with if he wants to. He wants her to admit herself.

"Maybe my age is catching up to me," Draupadi's voice drips with sarcasm.

Arjuna scoffs only looking at her raising his brows.

"It seems like this new life displeases you very much. You despise even to eat with me," he says washing off his hands getting up.

"Yudhisthira didn't have a morsel since morning. And you are here having a full meal. Arjuna, why are you doing this?"

"I haven't also had my breakfast and not lunch. You aren't half worried. Instead you are obsessing over others,"

"They are my husbands not any other. I never accepted a single grain before Bheema finishes his food. And he hasn't eaten anything since morning,"

"And i said before to not worry about anyone except you husband,"

Draupadi frowns looking at him in disbelief, "What's with this logic? You are speaking like I am.."

Arjuna turns to leave. His body tensed with anger. Draupadi takes a deep breath. Right now matching with his stubbornness won't help.

"Arjuna, you have other wives as well. What would you do if Subhadra doesn't eat for such long hours..."

"The only reason she is here because you insisted, Panchali. You know very well I didn't even look at her shadow all these years," Arjuna glares at her.

"Arjuna, why are you doing this? Keeping me away from them forcefully. You won't think about our sons? In what situation they fall with our fights?" 

"They are old enough, Panchali. They know better than to question or get involved in this.."