𝐄𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝟐𝟓

【••SOPHIA••】

I love Jameson’s family.

Especially his mom and Jane.

His family has been so welcoming and nice to me. Jane and I are already best friends- we roasted Jameson together and it was so fun.

Soon enough, Jameson’s mom told me to throw away the formality and call them by their names. Kate and Noah.

During dinner, Kate asked me about my family and what my hobbies are. Dinner passed away so quickly between talks and laughter.

The whole Gray family is so charming and attractive. Kate is like a ray of sunshine and Noah is a literal gentleman. Jameson told me before that his parents act like they’re newly in love and I saw it tonight.

While Kate was talking to me, from the corner of my eyes, I caught how Noah stared at his wife and how he automatically smiled at the sound of her laughter.

I noticed that he gets the same shine in his eyes Jameson did when he heard me laugh for the first time.

I’m quick to shove away that thought.

After dinner, we all sat in the living room having dessert while Kate and Jane told me many stories of Jameson’s childhood.

At one point, my stomach and cheekbones were aching from laughing so much and Jameson had already accepted his defeat.

He has his head rested on the headrest with a pillow shoved over his face. Every now and then, I hear his muffled groan which makes me laugh harder.

“I love dressing up James.” Jane says with an innocent smile.

“Promise me you will send a picture next time.” I say, dabbing the corner of my eyes with a tissue paper. God, I started crying.

“Okay!” Jane says excitedly.

I smile then check the time.

9:48 PM

I lock my phone and put the empty plate on the coffee table, “I should get going.”

Jane whines out a “no” and my heart does a little squeeze.

I don’t want to leave.

Jameson decides to come back to life. He removes the pillow from his face and gets up just when everyone does.

“It was so nice meeting you,” Kate says, squeezing me in a tight warm hug.

“We hope to have another dinner like this with you soon,” Noah says after Kate and I pull away from the hug.

I give him a warm smile, “I would love that.”

Jane is the last one to hug me, “I want to play with you more.” she pouts.

“I want to play with you too and we will.” before you start hating me.

Jane smiles then an arm drapes itself over my shoulder. Jameson pulls me towards himself, I let out a small “yelp” as my face hits his chest. His scent tickles my nose and my cheeks heat up.

“Now excuse me, I'm going to steal her away and brainwash her so that she forgets all the stories you just told her.” Jameson says.

The room erupts with laughter and I do my best to smile as wide as I can while keeping my hand on my cheek.

I hope the shade isn’t obvious.

I say goodbye one last time before Jameson leads me towards the hallway. He holds the door open as I walk out then he follows after me, closing the door behind him.