𝐄𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝟑𝟑

【••SOPHIA••】

"Sophia, can you stay after class to help me grade these papers?" Ms Tessa asks before she takes her seat behind her desk.

"Sure." I reply.

The bell rings and all the students start packing their things.

"I'll wait for you outside." Jameson says, putting the strap of his bag over his shoulder.

"You can go ahead-"

"I'm still going to wait outside." He grins

I roll my eyes, "of course. Why would you listen to me?"

"Many reasons." He leans in and pecks my lips.

I wait till he turns around and let myself smile from ear to ear.

Jameson leaves the class while I make a stop at Ms Tessa's desk to find her smiling up at me.

"Is everything okay?" I ask.

"You and Jameson seem to be getting very close." She says with a smile.

Really close.

"Yes. Turns out he's less annoying than I thought he would be."

Ms Tessa chuckles, "well, I'm glad you both are getting along. I don't know if you've noticed but you seem very relaxed now that you're hanging out with him."

"Really?" I ask, curious.

"Of course. I used to always catch you studying and with some stress written all over your face. Having Jameson around must've helped you cool down."

I consider Ms Tessa's words for a minute.

Jameson did make my life better. He stood up for me in front of my father and voiced my thoughts. He held me when I broke down in front of him. He was never rude to me, the only person who was rude was me and he still fought to be my friend.

He has never done anything to make me uncomfortable. He's nice to everyone but he has shown me that he's very different with me than he is with others which makes me feel special- which still surprises me.

In the past few days, Jameson helped me balance my life of studies and away from studies. He's never harsh with me, he's always gentle and knows when to say the right thing.

A smile takes over my lips at the thought of Jameson.

"He did help. A lot." I say.

And I can't thank him enough.

_____

"Do you think we should give Ms Tessa a present?" Jameson asks while rocking in his chair.

I turn my head towards him to find him squinting in the distance.

"Why?" I ask.

He looks at me, "she paired us up as seatmates." He stops rocking in his chair and leans in, "kind of the reason we're here, genius." He grins.

I blink at him, "right."

"Should we?" He leans in closer.

His eyes drop to my lips, "I don't know." I turn my head away before he could kiss my lips.

"Hey!"

I press my lips together to hide my smile as I start writing in my notebook.

"Why the hell did you turn your head?" I don't answer, "Do you want me to wrap my hand around your neck, make you face me and kiss you?"

I freeze at his sentence. My cheeks starting to warm up.

"Ooh, you like it." I feel him smirking.

"I don't." I hiss, without looking at him

"The red spreading across your face says otherwise."

I turn my head towards him, sending him a cold glare only for him to grin and wink at me making my cheeks warmer than they already were.

Fuck, I hate this.

No, you don't.

"I'm not sitting with you anymore."

We both turn our heads towards Ethan- who we forgot sits with us during lunch- his face shows how disgusted he is.

"It's not like we're making out." Jameson gets a hard punch on his arm from me at his sentence which does nothing and he just stares at me blankly.

"Your choice of words is what makes me want to throw up." Ethan says.

Jameson turns his attention to Ethan, a smile taking over his lips, "aw, Ethan, are you jealous? You know, you're still my best friend."

I look at Ethan who's staring at his best friend with disbelief, "you're unbelievable."

"I love you too," Jameson says back.

Ethan sighs. Jameson puts his arm around my shoulder.

"Also, just so you know," Jameson starts, "I'm never stopping the kind of words that come out of my mouth. My girlfriend likes it."

"I don't." I say.

"She's shy."

I try to push him away but he pulls me closer, tightening his grip around me. I sigh and he pecks my forehead.

I hate how much I like this.

"Anyways," Ethan says, leaning in his chair, "what are you two doing for Halloween?"

"Isn't Mark throwing a party?" Jameson asks, his finger wrapping a lock of my hair around it.

"Yup."

"We'll drop by after I'm done taking Jane tricker treating."

I look at him, "we?"

He looks at me, letting the lock go and soothing my hair, "yes, we- as in you and I."

"But... I'm not even invited."

"Yes, you are."

"No, I'm not-"

"You're my girlfriend so you're invited."

"That's not how-"

"Shush before I kiss you." I seal my lips, "good. Now, we're going." He pats my head.

"Do I have to dress up?"

"Yes. And I will choose your costume."

"So, that means I can choose yours?" I say, a smile forming on my lips at the idea.

"Sure-"

"A Disney princess."

Jameson's face falls.

"Ooh, I love that idea." Ethan says.

Jameson sends a cold glare my way while I grin at him.

Tables have turned.

"I'm choosing both of our costumes." Jameson says without humor.

My grin turns into a pout.

"You shouldn't upset your girlfriend." Ethan comments.

Jameson turns his attention to Ethan, "you don't have a vote here."

"I have a vote everywhere."

"I want you to dress up as a princess." I say bringing Jameson's attention back to me.

He smiles, leans in to place a soft kiss on my lips before he says, "no."

My smile drops, I shove him away, "I hate you."

"Not true and you know it." He replies.

I look away hiding my smile.

Fucking Devil.