Chapter 236

__________________________

[450m]

[Lv. 478]

Active Items:

Blue Ogre's Armor Set [+1800 Defense]

Blue Ogre's Axe [+1550 Strength]

Active Skills:

Body Hardening

Extreme Strength

__________________________

The mutant up ahead is what I came to see.

Activating my All-Seeing Eye, the mana radiating off this new monster is almost double that of the ones that were just defeated.

I air-step faster and faster up the mountainside, whizzing past small trees, and pools of water, clearing rock faces in a matter of seconds.

I accelerate upwards, even faster through the thick mana-dense air until reaching another clearing, now over halfway up the entire mountain.

The creature I'm searching for is already in mid-sprint, running at me with a glistening silver axe between both of its hands and thick armor to match it. This Ogre seems to be almost exactly the same size as the previous ones I faced but with a few major differences.

Firstly, it's color. The blue skin covering the mutant's body is incredibly dark, from a distance, it almost looks black.

The mana swirling around its body is much brighter white and using my perception skill, I can tell the shielding that's layering this monster is on a level magnitudes above the base mobs.

Its shining metallic axe reflects the blue glow from its eyes while running at me on a flat section of the mountain trail.

I glide down to the ground and grip my sword.

The white stone and green shrubbery beneath its feet fly off to the sides, uprooting small trees and causing craters to be left behind after every step. Thin wisps of blue magic residue are left in its tracks.

The air pressure around me shifts and I burst into flames activating all of my buffs and creating a thin pink layer of mana shielding around my body and sword, realizing that this opponent is definitely a class above the rest.

I haven't even let out a strike yet, but I don't think a single hit will be all it takes to defeat the Mutant before me.

Both my feet hit the hard rocky surface and I start ruining at the approaching monster with a grin plastered across my face.

There are less than 30 meters between us, and all I can see or think about is the fight that's about to take place.

It lets out a roar, swinging its axe downward while swirling blue and white magic flows from its arms to cover the silver blade.

I do the same, shifting some of my bright pink MP to cover my sword while jumping up, and swinging my blade. I charge the center with 1500 MP worth of dark black flames.

Both of our weapons stop in mid-air, less than a meter away from each other as the dense blue and pink layers of mana collide.

An ear-shattering twang is released that echoes all the way down the mountainside, sending a light purple shockwave through my body, and the Ogre's.

Fractions of a second later, there's a bright white flash of light and I feel my sword make contact with the monster's axe.

I let out a loud laugh then grit my teeth as the monster roars back at me.