Chapter 349

Showing off my full strength from the start is not a good option; it wouldn't be an optimal move. Having the odds stacked against me in the later rounds would be the best strategy for potentially greater payouts from betting on myself.

However, there's no reason not to put on a show and get the crowd excited. I get paid the same amount for the first three stages regardless, so I might as well build up some hype.

With this in mind, I raise my left hand above my head and begin forming a ball of fire that grows larger as I approach the tiny rabbit.

Just at the sight of my dark red flames, the crowd begins to cheer and become excited.

Instead of swinging my sword, I throw the flaming ball of magic, about five times the size of the rabbit, down onto it, instantly incinerating the miniature beast. Plumes of fire erupt from the ground, and dirt and stone fly off in all directions.

It was overkill for a small monster like this, but nothing so immaculate as to raise any suspicions that I'd be any better than any of the other newbies competing in the previous rounds.

Fire magic may be a common elemental ability, but it uses up a lot of MP for the average user. Unknown to me, it's unusual for many fighters to use an attack like this in the first round.

*Ding*

A string of notifications pop up on my wristband.

[Congratulations! 1.12x bet won on Fighter: The Flame Emperor]

[Your 1 Gold Base Bet has been returned to your account.]

[0.12 Gold Credits have been added to your account.]

[Stage 1 Fight Victory: Reward: 1 Silver Credit]

[0.01 Gold Credits have been added to your account.]

[Total Account balance: 5.1250 Gold]

[Use Absorption]

MCP: 104

[YES][NO]

I choose yes to absorb the small amount of mana control available.

Before the debris even clears, the crowd is roaring with cheers, and some are even chanting my fighter name over and over as the announcer is already hyping up the next stage.

I went from a nobody to a fighter to put their money behind in a matter of seconds with that flashy attack.

I just need to continue building up this hype for the stages to come. The bets that really matter are on stage 4 and further when the total amount won will be a percentage of the bets and not just a set win amount. I won't be able to do much damage with a 5 Gold balance.

The stage 2 bets are placed, and I throw 3 gold on myself because I'm much more confident in the system and outcome now.

A cyclops comes into the ring, and I decide to run at it this time to slice it in two with a single flaming strike but make sure that the flames on my sword don't leave the blade until contact is made. While slicing through, I plunder every drop of its MP in milliseconds, bringing my own bar back up to full. The two halves melt with dark flames on them that don't go out until its completely turned to ash.

[Congratulations! 1.08x bet won on Fighter: The Flame Emperor]

[Your 3 Gold Base Bet has been returned to your account.]

[0.24 Gold Credits have been added to your account.]

[Stage 2 Fight Victory: Reward: 10 Silver Credits]

[0.1 Gold Credits have been added to your account.]

[Total Account balance: 5.4650 Gold]

[Use Absorption]