Chapter 258

An enormous brown-skinned lizard wearing thick shining silver armor approaches in a cloud of dust from the back side of the dungeon.

On all fours, the mindless beast charges forward, waving a red tongue back and forth while letting out grunts and hisses.

Thick mana shielding surrounds its body on all sides.

It has a skill I've never seen before.

Of course, it's one I want, but I'm not drawn to it immediately like the last creature we faced.

It seems my teammates are more trigger-happy than me on this floor, especially the blond-haired mage.

Maria lunges forward, glowing bright blue and taking a swing with her sword smiling ear to ear.

"This one's mine!"

Before the 7-meter-long lizard can even get within range, it is hit point blank with a powerful incoming wall of ice.

I watch its black crystals of body hardening activate and the monster's aura glow gold, but in a matter of seconds it's already over.

The incoming blue and white light encapsulates the lizard's mana shielding in a layer of ice. It squeezes in tighter and tighter until a buzz of white light from the fractured shielding explodes outward in all directions and the feral beast comes to a halt.

Frozen solid, not moving a muscle, the Lizard Tyrant stands in front of us now in the form of a light blue statue.

Maria sends out another wave of energy and the work of art explodes into a million tiny little fragments of ice that glimmer and shine while falling to the floor under the heat waves of the artificial dungeon's sun.

She cheerfully jumps in the air as we follow after her.

"Alright! Another level!"

A few more monsters appear as we continue onward. They are all between levels 480 and 490.

Each of us sends out attacks, either splitting them in two or shattering them with just the touch of a finger. That's only Lydia's battle style. I still haven't seen her put in any effort at all today.

After defeating one of the rather easy-to-kill Lizard Tyrants myself, a familiar text screen pops up.

[Use Absorption]

Skill: Hibernation -> Hibernation [Special Grade]

[YES][NO]

While choosing [YES], I whisper under my breath.

"This is getting too easy..."

I check my status, in a particularly good mood about the [Special Grade] perk on my Absorption skill automatically upgrading this one.

____________________

Hibernation

Info: Hibernation allows the user to fall into a deep slumber and cure any curse, disease, or illness given enough time.

Hibernation costs a set amount of MP upfront and the user will not require food, water, or excess mana until the process is complete.

If awoken before Hibernation is complete, progress will be 100% negated.

The effectiveness of Hibernation is greatly decreased if a curse or disease inflicted on the user comes from a being of significantly greater mana control or level. It may take significantly more MP to complete a difficult request.

The user's defenses will decrease by 99% during Hibernation.

The user's defenses will decrease by 50% for 12 hours following Hibernation.