- 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝟶𝟹 | 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚐

I swear you're in my head
Throughout the day

***

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Y/N

"WERE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO WHAT I HAVE JUST SAID?" Jeanette snapped me out of my thoughts, glaring at me. I gave her a blank look, blinking my eyes as to say 'no, I wasn't listening, and it would be most appreciated if you repeat what you just said'. The older woman sighed. "I said, management told me that we have to start scheduling dates for your tour."

"Right." I nodded. "What did they suggest?"

"Management wanted you to start tour in January next year, but I told them you wouldn't be able to start at that month." She said, tapping her pen on the wooden desk. "In fact, I told them you wouldn' t be able to start anytime for the whole year next year."

I chuckled. "You did? Why?"

"Well, first of, January fifth is your birthday, and I reckon you would like to celebrate your birthday in an orphanage, like the past years."

"Second?"

"As scheduled, the premiere of Knives Out will be next year. And of course, the interviews, press cons, that stuff."

"Okay." I once again nodded. "Third?"

"You'll have to write songs with Pasek and Paul for The Greatest Showman , and you'll be there in the studio for their practice and when they record the songs."

I hummed in response. "Anything else?"

"And..." she began with a little smile. "I personally think you need time off."

I glitched. "Wait, what?"

"Y/N, look, the past years I've worked with you, you have been nothing but busy. You were balancing your studies and your career. Now that you've already graduated college and are now just focusing on your career, I think you should also take a break. You can go visit your family in the Philippines if you want. You can go enjoy the teen life that was taken from you, even though you're not a teen anymore. Do whatever you want. "

Many emotions filled me at once, overwhelming me. I wanted to jump around and celebrate, yet I also wanted to just sit there and bawl my eyes out in joy.

"Jeanette, I—" I stared at her. "Why would you do that for me?"

She sighed, before leaning forward, forearms resting on the table. "Everyone, especially those who worked their butts off, deserves a break once in a while."

"But how about management?"

"I'll handle them." She smiled.

Not taking it anymore, I threw myself across the table and into Jeanette, hugging her. It was hard, especially since there was a table between us, but that didn't stop me from holding her tight.

Jeanette was the only person who made management a tolerable thing to work for. She risks her job just to get me my needs (like that one time when I was deathly ill, yet management won't allow me to call off a concert) and she lies to them for me when I wasn't present at events they want me to make an appearance in (especially meetings with them). I will forever be grateful Jeanette's my manager.

"Thank you," I mumbled. I felt her smile.

"Anytime."

I released her, sitting back in my seat. "Is there anything else you want to talk about?"