Chapter 7:Suited

Y/n stood in the lounge area of Star Labs, his new suit laid out in front of him as he studied it

Y/n stood in the lounge area of Star Labs, his new suit laid out in front of him as he studied it. His mind moved at lightspeed as thoughts flew in and out of it.

"Your speed is a gift," Eobard's voice resonated in the air, a tender reassurance that held an air of sadness. He knelt down beside the younger Y/n, his touch a comforting anchor on the boy's shoulder. "No matter what people say," Eobard's eyes held a mix of understanding and determination, his smile gentle as he sought to ease the turmoil churning within his son.

"But people say you did bad things with your speed," Y/n's voice trembled, his eyes still brimming with tears from the recent hurtful encounter.

"Yes, unfortunately, I did," Eobard acknowledged with a trace of regret, yet his gaze remained steady, unwavering in its support. "But you won't," he continued, his smile unwavering even as the judgmental glances of others fell upon them. "Do you remember mommy's lightning?"

A fragile nod was Y/n's response, his voice barely a whisper. "Yes, it was blue."

"Exactly," Eobard's tone carried a note of fondness as he gestured toward their home across the road, inviting Y/n to follow. "And Daddy's is red. You, my boy, have your mother's lightning, and that makes you special," he affirmed, guiding Y/n with a gentle hand on his back.

A tear escaped Y/n's eye, a droplet of uncertainty and hurt. "But because of my speed, they can't be my friends," he admitted, his voice heavy with a mixture of sorrow and frustration. Teal sparks danced sporadically around him, a reflection of his tumultuous emotions.

Eobard closed the door behind them, cocooning them in the sanctuary of their home. He swept Y/n into his arms, embracing him tightly as if to shield him from the world's unkindness. "No, not because of that," Eobard's voice held a soft conviction, a father's unwavering support. "It's because their parents don't understand. They're afraid of what they don't know, afraid of differences," he whispered soothingly as he felt the gentle crackling of Y/n's lightning bridging the gap between them.

"But I don't want to be different," Y/n's admission was a raw confession, his voice quivering as he wiped away his tears, the sparks of his unique power subsiding.

Eobard's smile was a mixture of affection and sadness, a father's empathy for his child's struggles. He set Y/n down gently, his gaze tender. "Oh, my precious boy," he chuckled softly, brushing a tear from Y/n's cheek. "There will come a time when you'll see the value in your uniqueness. You'll understand that it's not about the colour of your lighting," Eobard paused, allowing a hint of his own crimson energy to dance in his hand, "but about the intentions that drive it," he continued, touching a finger to Y/n's chest, the gesture both reassuring and poignant. "When that day arrives, you'll learn to find the balance in the chaos, my dear Y/n."

Y/n ran his fingers across the fabric as he felt like he was slowly understanding his father's lessons over the years. "Y/N!" Two voices called out, Y/n spun around to find a well-dressed Cisco and causally dressed Ralph running into the lounge. "Pacific and Davies NOW, Barry and Nora are in trouble," Cisco spoke and before anything else was said, Y/n grabbed the sound and dashed out of the room.