Chapter 21: Sparks

The sound of weights being racked echoed through the gym as Y/n sat up, a slight bit of sweat staining his forehead as he looked at the man that just entered the room. "Morning, B.A," Y/n greeted as he grabbed his Powerade from the bench next to him.

"Hey," Barry smiled at the Speedster as he sat down on the chair next to the bench press. "Listen, I wanted to talk to you about something and I'm sure you already knew that," He chuckled as Y/n took a chug of his drink.

"Yeah, why else would someone like you be in a gym," Y/n chuckles as he looks at the Scarlet Speedster who just smirks as he noded his head.

"Smartass," Barry muttered as he shook his head. "But anyway, it's about what happened the other day," He shrugged his shoulder as he looked at the other Speedster. "And of course, that lovely phone call my wife got," Y/n could see Barry try his best to hide his smile at the thought.

"To be honest, Cecile is terrifying," Y/n admitted with a chuckle, watching Barry nod in agreement. "But I guess you are right, we better have this chat," Y/n let out an exaggerated breath as he looked at Barry.

"Firstly, what were you thinking when you decided to stay at the lab?" Barry raised an eyebrow as he looked at the younger Speedster. "Joe told Iris about the talk you two had after the Gala, now that did silence Iris for a bit but I still can't think of why you did that?"

"Like I told Joe," Y/n sighed as he looked at Barry, fighting the urge to roll his eyes for once. "With all the sensors in this place, you guys would know whether I left here or tried something while I was in here," Y/n noticed the confused expression on the Scarlet Speedster's face. "So in layman's terms, I put myself under house arrest so that you guys knew I wasn't here to cause damage like the last Thawne that time travelled,"

The gears slowly began to turn inside Barry's head as he nodded. "Y/n..." Barry let out a defeated sigh as his shoulders slumped forward. "That's ridiculous, your first night here and you helped us save a plan and then catch Block, fight or Cicada... Twice..."

"And my father trained you," Y/n cut the Scalet Speedster off. "Taught you how to be a Speedster and how to save people and yet look at him," He pointed out as he watched Barry's confident posture fade once again.

"So you're doing everything in your power to make sure we know you aren't working against us?" Barry raised an eyebrow as he looked at Y/n, who shrugged his shoulders while nodding. "And then you pretty much throw all that away in the blink of an eye?" He joked, a chuckle escaping his lips as he watched Y/n.

"Hey, I didn't choose to love Nora," Y/n quickly excused himself, quickly realizing what he had just said as silence fell between the two Speedsters.

"So..." Barry muttered after a moment, neither one of them making eye contact as they sat there. "You love her?"

Another silence filled the room as they sat there, that was until realization dawned upon Y/n. "Wait..." He shook his head, looking at the Scarlet Speedster. "What am I even nervous for?" Y/n questioned himself out loud, receiving a confused look from Barry. "Yes... I love Nora and at the end of the day, if you or Iris has a problem with that then tough shit,"

"Really,"

"Yeah, I've told Nora how I feel about her and she feels the same way," Y/n held Barry's gaze, not backing down anymore. "And in fact, Taylor being here proves that you two can either accept it or keep your mouths shut," He finally broke eye contact as he laid back down to continue his workout.

Barry leaned forward, giving Y/n a light punch against the chest as he chuckled. "Now there's the Y/n Thawne I know," He laughed as he watched Y/n unrack the barbell. "Listen, it might take Iris a little longer to get used to it but you have my blessing, you never have to worry about that," Barry reassured the Speedster as he turned to leave. "I just wanted to make sure you knew that but I am glad that the asshole version of you is back, the 'timid gentleman who wants to please everyone' look doesn't suit you," He added as he reached the door.