Chapter 15: Gala

I don't normally put full pictures in the middle of my story so I'll just give you a heads up, I posted an image that I found of their style to the Event, Chris Hemsworth is wearing, in my opinion, the best suit for Y/n and I found the perfect match for Nora except she would have shorter hair but remember, you can wear whatever you'd like them to wear, it just helped me while writing and I thought some of you might enjoy it as well and it gives the scene a little more oomph.

And Heads up... Y/n does some flexing in this chapter...

****************************

"Oh, Y/n," Cecile greeted as she opened the door. "Why don't you come in while I go call Nora for you," She smiled at the young Speedster as she stepped to the side so he could enter.

"How'd you know I was here for Nora?" Y/n raised an eyebrow as he glanced around the house, Cecile simply tapped her forehead before walking away. "I don't like mindreaders anymore," Y/n playfully pouted as he heard her laugh from around the corner.

"Aye if it isn't my second favourite Speedster," Joe called from the couch as he waved Y/n over.

"Second favourite?" Y/n joined the detective with a confused smile.

"Well you could never beat my Granddaughter," Joe shrugged his shoulders as he watched the game.

"What about Barry?"

"His my Son-in-law, I am forced to like him while I get to choose whether I like you or not," Joe explained as he took a swig of his beer. "And by the end of the night, we'll see whether you are still my second favourite or whether you get the first-place slot..." Joe paused as he leaned in closer. "First place on my 'To Off' list," The two looked at each other for a moment.

"Y/n," Nora's voice snapped the two out of the zone, Joe snapping back into his seat as he watched the game while Y/n stood up at near lightning speed. "I wasn't expecting to see you here at this hour," Nora giggled at their reaction as she spoke.

"Yeah well this was a last-minute thing by your mother," Y/n chuckled as he scratched the back of his neck, you would think that he had this planned out but nope...

"My mother?" Nora didn't sound pleased at all as her smile dropped slightly.

"Yeah, we are dealing with some origami clown meta and he is the son of Theresa Merkle," Y/n explained as Joe and Cecile didn't even try to act like they weren't listening, eyes focused on the two of them. "She has a big Gala event going on and your father wanted him and Iris to attend 'for the case' and I might have agreed with him..." Joe was the first to laugh, catching everyone's attention.

"Big mistake young Padawan," Joe laughed as he shook his head.

"Yeah, I learned that the hard way," Y/n rolled his eyes at the detective's comment. "Now Iris wants me to also attend it since I think it's such a good idea," Y/n watched as the faded smile on her face shifted into a strained laugh. "Why did I think this was a good idea..." Y/n muttered as he rubbed his face in frustration.

"No... Continue," Nora pleaded as she fought to hold the laugh.

"Well, I was coming here to ask you to attend it with me," Now it was Y/n's turn to hold his laugh back when Nora almost choked on air.

"What... You mean... You mean like a..." Nora couldn't form a complete sentence as her mind began drawing blanks as she stared at the taller Speedster... The taller Speedster that was asking her on a date, it was a date, right?

"Nora, sweetie, breathe," Joe spoke up as he chuckled. "The last thing I want to do is explain to your mother that a Thawne was the reason you were rushed to the hospital for a panic attack... Even worse was that it was because he asked you on a date," Now both Joe and Cecile were laughing at the two pale Speedsters.