Chapter Ε

Finding time to talk to Andrea proved to be a lot harder than Connor anticipated. Andrea was busy most days with briefings and cases, similarly, Connor was busy with cases. And even after work, his system became so tired that he didn't have the motivation to speak with her. He needed to make plans. Something concrete. Preferably on a weekend, he didn't work. A Saturday seemed to be the best bet.

In between trying to grab some evidence, Connor dropped by Andrea's desk when she seemed free. "Lieutenant Cartier, I was wondering if maybe..." He coughed, feeling the thirium rise in his cheeks. The nervousness in his gut made him want to stop. But Hank said he should just get it over with. "If you'd like to go on a date with me sometime this weekend? We're both off on Saturday." He mustered up a charming smile, folding his hands behind his back.

Rejection would be the worst thing. Connor wasn't sure what he'd do.

Andrea promptly stopped whatever she was in the middle of signing and glanced over at Connor. She pursed her lips as she stared at him. She could tell he was nervous. Hell, probably everyone in the precinct could tell simply by looking at him for a second. A second too long in Connor's opinion. The lieutenant abruptly stood from her desk and grabbed his hand, pulling him into a nearby closet. She locked it as soon as they stumbled inside.

Connor took a quick breath, his eyes widening. What was happening? It looked scarily similar to some movies Hank would watch where the characters took this all the way. He and Andrea were so close together. Her touch was incredible. Like electricity. Maybe he needed to turn his touch sensitivity down...

With a sigh, Andrea backed away from Connor and leaned against the wall. "Sorry, Connor... but I didn't want anyone else to hear what I'm about to tell you." She whispered. The detective cocked his head. He really hoped it wasn't that she didn't want to hurt his feelings in front of all their co-workers. It would've been embarrassing either way. "Connor, I'm not what you think I am."

Adorable? Absolutely. Gorgeous? There wasn't a doubt about it. Caring? Did he even have to question that? Passionate? He saw that passion every day working by her side. Overall incredible? Yes. So what was it that Connor didn't think she was?

"I'm a Goddess." Connor cocked an eyebrow at her. Unsure what she meant in this context. "With powers and everything and even a weird 'Goddess' mode." Andrea explained, fiddling with her fingers. She glanced up at Connor. He was doubtful. His LED was yellow and his eyes were filled with skepticism. She wasn't sure how else someone would react. She'd probably react the same way if she didn't know the truth about how the world turned.

Andrea pursed her lips as she stared at Connor. Telling him wasn't enough. She knew she'd have to show him. Taking Connor's hand, she asked him softly, "You can retract your skin here." Andrea placed her palm against his.

Connor knew what Andrea was trying to do. But it couldn't work. She was made of flesh, he was made of metal and plastic. But he'd humor her anyway. The skin on his arm slowly went away as his palm and finger pads started to glow turquoise. He blinked.

Interfacing like this only happened between two androids who had a deep connection with each other. Simon and Markus were the first he'd ever heard of. A human and an android interfacing was... a first. Or maybe she was a goddess?

Suddenly, Connor was pulled from consciousness. He saw an unfamiliar place. It was night and he was by the ocean. A girl was running down steps attached to marble pillars, she stopped once she felt the waves on her toes. He tried to scan the face of the girl with a better view but to no avail. He felt like he was in the Eden garden. He couldn't access anything. But those streaks of white in black hair were familiar. He was facing a teenage Andrea. She wore robes of black while silver plates at her shoulders attached them. Her hair was in a braid to make the crown made of silver fit better around her head.