II

TWO

TWO.

Thanks for the extra recordings, Andrew loved them and is excited to meet you!!! The address is 368 Newtown Road, be there by 4:00 and bring a smile (please.)

-Gwen :)

Sent from my IPhone.

Vivienne swiped away the open email, her eyes darting to the time.

4:06. Fashionably late.

The whirring of a motorcycle engine, followed by the sudden silence of the key being pulled alerted Gwen to Vivienne's presence, causing her to close her laptop and rush to the front entrance. With a smile painted on her freckled features she swung open the door, startling an unsuspecting Vivienne who was halfway up the steps. She fumbled her phone for a few seconds from the startle, eventually catching it with a huff.

"Good lord, Gwen." Her voice was muffled, her hair falling onto her shoulders as she pulled the sleek black helmet off and clutched it to her side. Beads of sweat fell from her forehead and onto her black and white leather biking suit, lightly armored at the knees and decorated with white pinstripes similar to her bike. Her expression was clear now; a mix of surprised and confused. "Were you watching me?"

"I can hear a Suzuki from a mile away, you aren't exactly quiet." Gwen teased, and Vivienne couldn't help but smile at her knowledge of the bike she was sure Gwen had never seen her ride.

"You knew it was a Suzuki?"

"I'm a bit of a car girl myself." Gwen smirked, earning an entertained scoff from Vivienne.

"A woman after my own heart." She offered a gloved hand, which Gwen happily accepted to lead her into the house.

The second one of Vivienne's boots hit the hardwood floors, her mouth was hung open in awe. Directly in front of her eyes was likely the most luxurious house she had seen in her life, although it was a common setting in upper middle class NYC. A floating double staircase leading to a beautiful loft held up by pillars, sapphire blue rugs, a foyer decorated with ridiculous abstract art, and a shaded chandelier casting bright white light that made her squint. To top it off, a record player from the corner of the foyer spun a Marvin Gaye vinyl softly, setting a perfect ambiance. "You said this was a small gig, am I working for the fuckin' Queen?"

"I never said he was humble." Gwen shrugged, closing the door with the back of her heel and placing a hand in between the shoulder blades of Vivienne to push her further into the house. Vivienne stumbled forward, eyes still on the light fixture as her muddied soles began to leave unsightly prints on the shiny flooring. Vivienne noticed, quickly stopping in her tracks to bend down and unzip the boots with great caution not to spread any muck through the house. "The luxury does carry over, however. Andrew has heard about your... not at all rude hesitation and is willing to discuss your pay to fit your needs."