VI

SIX

SIX.

Just a few days later, Vivienne found herself at the door of the all too familiar rental home yet again. She cursed her stupidity as she parked her bike by the porch, tucking her gloves into the back pocket of her suit and approaching the entrance. Before her bare fingers could even graze the brass knob, she was startled by a flash of red hair, and a pair of arms tightly constricting her.

"Oh, Vivienne!" Gwendolyn practically cried out, like a child finding their lost puppy. Vivienne stumbled back on the concrete, her hands slowly raising to rub Gwen's back; half as returning the gesture, and half to signal her to let go immediately. Gwen gave her a few sways before pulling back, placing her palms on Vivienne's shoulders and speaking in a quiet tone. "Sorry, love. Andrew let me know of his... unorthodox methods ticking you off. I'm just glad you came back."

"Didn't have much of a choice." Vivienne shrugged, pulling her helmet off and placing it in the foyer along with quickly undressing from her suit. "Do the band mates know?"

"Oh, absolutely not." Gwen shook a hand in the air. "I may be mouthy, but never about something like that." She stood by as Vivienne peeled off the black leather and hung it over the coat rack, revealing a simple outfit of a large t-shirt with a faded logo of a local motorcycle company that hung over her shorts, and a pair of ripped stockings leading down to her boots. "Oh, speaking of which, Andrew is running late. He was out to a PR interview and the taxi got lost on the way back."

"Ah," Vivienne nodded, beginning to turn to the dining room. "Perfect time for me to not talk to anyone."

"No, darlin," Gwen snorted softly, her nose scrunching up from light laughter. "You've got to get acquainted with your mates soon enough"

"I have," Vivienne whined. "I know Ciarán, and... the girl on the keyboard and, eh- You."

Gwen hummed in amusement, eyebrows raised as she yanked Vivienne's hand towards the living room. She simply responded with a groan as Gwen lead her to the rest of the band, stopping her directly in front of the other members. They stood behind an organ, all gathered around and chatting with a darker skinned man who sat on the bench. Their eyes turned to her, and she was surprised when she was met with a collective smile after being so avoidant during the last rehearsal.

"Vivienne this is Elise, Isiah, Ciarán, Wren, and Ivy." Gwen was nearly out of breath after naming the members, taking a deep one to continue. "Everyone, Vivienne."

Vivienne gave a meek smile and wave, avoiding Ciarán's amused smile at her awkwardness and instead looking to the two new faces she hadn't seen in the previous rehearsal. "Are you guys new too?"

Wren and Ivy nodded, and Vivienne realized very quickly that they were twins, only separated by their haircuts and style choices. Wren wore her hair brushed to the left and earth tones, while Ivy's was directly down the middle and in a slick ponytail and a bold pair of red leather pants with a black top.