Chapter Six

Glancing in the rear view mirror, she only imaged what would happen if she slammed on the breaks. There was no way the car behind her wouldn't slam with into the back of her. She hated being tail gated. It was like when you doing the speed limit and there's always that one driver going up into the back of you as if it was going to make you go any faster.

Stiles kept looking behind out of the window, and Scott was simply focusing on the front not wanting to know what was going on, "faster?" Julie asked, wanting to know what he was thinking.

She pressed down on the gas, although, this was her first time driving a sports car and so far the gas and the break were two things that were terrifying her.

"Jules, I don't think you're grasping the concept of a car chase, here..." Stiles urged.

"If I go faster, it'll kill us!" She defended.

"Well, if you don't go faster, they're gonna kill us!"

"I have watched too many car crash patients come through that ER. I am not going faster!"

"I should have driven," Scott muttered.

"They're gone!" Stiles announced.

"See," Jules cut in, "completely fine. They didn't catch up to us, anyway," she scoffed. "Honestly, you two are just dramatic."

Stiles pressed a few buttons so that they'd be connected to the police radio, he'd spent ages working the wires to do so, "All units, suspect is on foot heading into the Iron Works."

______

The car pulled up beside Derek with Stiles throwing the door open for him, "get in," Stiles demanded and Derek climbed in. Not happy about being in the backseat of his own car.

"What part of "laying low" don't you understand?" Scott said exasperatedly and Julie glanced at Derek through her mirror.

"Damn it, I had him!"

"Who? The Alpha?"

"Do you know who it is?" Julie added on.

"Yes! He was right in front of me, and the friggin' police showed up so no, I don't know who it is."

"Drop the attitude, pal," Julie scoffed.

"Hey, they're just doing their jobs-" Stiles added on, his own voice much softer than Julie's.

"Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state!"

"Can we seriously get past that? I made a dumbass mistake. I get it," Scott said, and Julie glanced at him annoyed from the side with Derek's matching glare.

"That dumbass mistake meant I had to have an oversized dirty dog in my bedroom, dirtying my nice clean bedsheets for days," Julie countered, not happy about the fact Derek was still technically living and hiding out in her bedroom.

"You really thought he'd be safe in your room?" Stiles asked, as if the idea was stupid.

"Of course, dad doesn't come in my room after I accidentally left a vibrator on my bed and he found it. Traumatised hi-"

"Oh my god, no! Jules! No! Shut up!" Stiles shouted, not wanting to hear anything else.

"Hey, you asked," she mused.

"All right, so how did you find him?" Stiles asked, wanting to move the conversation away quickly. Derek looked away causing Scott to scoff.

"Can you try to trust us for at least half a second?"