Chapter Twelve

Hoveling down the hallway, Julie winced in pain as she grabbed onto one of the charts. She'd had three hours sleep the previous night, so aside form being exhausted the day after the swim was causing her to be in pure agony. Every joint, every muscle, every limb, was stiff and aching and sore.

"What the hell happened to you?" Melissa asked, as she spotted the younger woman.

"Swimming."

"You took up swimming?" Melissa asked, incredulously and Julie sighed as she thought on it.

"I won't be doing it again."

"You're on consent forms today," she said, as she passed Julie a few of them.

"Oh, wonderful... I love explaining to people the chances of them dying in surgery... or worse."

"Worse?" Melissa asked, looking confused.

"Brain dead."

"You're awfully cheerful today," the elder droned, "did you actually get any sleep last night?"

"I am exhausted. And still sad you keep turning down that date. You're lonely, my dad's lonely... you know..."

"Oh my-" Melissa scoffed, quickly taking her leave as she did so.

Feeling her phone buzz, Julie pulled it out reading the words annoyed. Isaac was back at school, and they were trying to test Lydia to see if she was the kanima. Rolling her eyes, she pocketed her phone before hoveling over to her first patient's room.

_______

"Your bed looks like it's missing you," a voice said, and she rolled her head to the side to see Joe approaching. With there being three minutes to the end of her shift, she'd hidden out in one of the corridors where there were no patients. No emergencies. Just a one way-ticket to going home.

"It is, desperately."

"How long you been hiding out here?"

"The second I finished all my work, I don't want to be given any more," she droned, granted, that was only ten minutes ago. "I'm going to go get changed."

Entering the intern's lounge, she grabbed onto her clothes she'd stored away. None of them particularly cared if they got changed in front of each other, she supposed it was because they'd all begun to view bodies as just that. There was nothing particularly sexual or interesting about them.

It was just a body.

Grabbing onto her tops, she removed her scrub top before pulling on the white bandeau top, she had a white crocheted fitted vest to go on top, and a pair of blue straight leg jeans. Grabbing onto her shoes and coat, she yawned, happy that the clock had officially hit the end of her shift.

Pulling out her phone, she scrolled through the thousands of messages that she'd been sent from both Scott and Stiles.

"Here we go again," she muttered, turning to leave.

______

Pulling up at Scott's house, she saw Derek stood with Boyd, both of them staring out at the house. Climbing out of her car, she placed her hands in her pocket as she walked over to them.

"You joinin' the neighbourhood watch or somethin'?" She asked, her face pulled out of confusion and annoyance.

"Go home, Juliette," Derek said.

"See, that was my plan but then I got a call from my little child brother saying 'a big scary twenty-four year old is stalking us and staring into our souls from outside the house', so you know...I had to check it out."