1: So... 'You Don't Tutor', Huh?

I stared in disbelief because I refused to believe what my 20/20 sight was seeing.

And yet, as I heard the quiet murmuring of the students around me and felt the not-so-faint pull in my heart, I knew sleep deprivation wasn't running a cruel prank on me. 

It was really him. Harry Xavier Devon was standing in my classroom.

"Good morning, class. My name is Professor Harry Devon," He begun, turning towards the chalkboard to write his name. "And I'll be your temporary substitute professor for math 2230 calculus 1 here at St. George Campus."

He was the fucking what now?

I watched as Harry stepped behind the teacher's desk and laid down his shoulder bag, pushing his glasses further up on his nose, getting ready to teach.

Blinking rapidly a few times, I slowly sat up straighter as my head tried to process what was happening in front of me. All the while my heart kept pounding harder and harder in my chest.

God... he was really here.

My eyes automatically slid over his familiar figure. They saw everything they had missed, but also searched for something new, as if that would somehow explain the impossible situation that was currently happening.

Scanning his brown pants and crisp white shirt with a brown tie I swore I'd untied before, everything about him looked painstakingly the same. His brown hair was combed neatly, and as always, he carried the ever calm demeanor about him that made me subtly press my lips together.

His dark hair looked every bit as contrasting to the amber eyes I knew would punch a hole in my chest the second they looked at me. His chiseled jawline was still taunt and getting firmer as the students kept whispering quietly, discussing their new famous professor.

I don't know why I expected him to look any different. After all, only two months had passed since I last saw him. Too short a time to offer any real significant changes.

And yet here he inexplicably was.

"Wait, Devon?" The girl sitting next to me suddenly whispered to the girl sitting on her right. I heard her surprised tone of voice as she- and all the others in the class probably realized who he was. "As in Harold Devon, the mathematical prodigy?"

The other girl covered her mouth as truth dawned on her too, both girls looking much more impressed than I had done the first time I heard of him. Then again, I had been a little preoccupied with other stuff back then.

Like fucking him and trying to have his baby.

"You've all been moved here because of the unfortunate fire that burnt down your science building, as I'm sure you are aware of," Harry spoke up, unaffected by the quiet whispering going through the entire classroom. He had turned towards his desk and was starting to pull stuff out of his bag. "And so during the next three months or so, you'll be taking your calculus classes here while the school rebuilds. Until then, you're going to proceed with the syllabus you were assigned to by Professor Cho, prior to getting here."

Despite his words, I still couldn't believe a word he was saying. The man who swore he'd never teach... was inexplicably in my classroom, telling us all he'd be our teacher for the next three months.

Just what the hell was actually happening?

"Now... regarding your syllabus, I'll do my best to pick up from where you left off," Harry continued speaking, lifting his eyes to look out at the crowd. I automatically froze in my seat and felt the air get stuck in my throat when his eyes slid dangerously close to where I was sitting. "However, there will be made a few changes to your normal change of pace as of today, starting with a few new rules."