11: The Unspoken

I pulled Harry's lips down to mine desperately and kissed him hard, ready to be thrown off any moment.

But instead, I found Harry catching my lips and cupping the back of my head gently, kissing me back as deeply as I kissed him.

Oh my God, it was happening again.

Moaning softly, frustratedly, I pulled at his hair and drew him closer, Harry obliging and leaning down, angling his head to kiss me deeper. His own hand swept into my hair and brushed my cheek in the process, before kissing me hard on the mouth.

I couldn't believe this. My heart was beating out of control as Harry and I stayed cinched together, our lips fused like the past few months hadn't happened. My lungs refused to take air, but instead seemed only to breathe Harry in, his earthy cologne and the scent of his clothes, smelling like fresh laundry. He tasted like chamomile, most likely after the tea he had just been sipping. I couldn't get enough, and I didn't want this to end.

– But then my heart and head betrayed me once more.

Why was he doing this? Kissing me back when he had tried so hard to push me away these last few months? Why wasn't he stopping this? Oh, was this another one of his games?

Letting out a frustrated sound, I reluctantly broke away from Harry, who immediately let me go when I pushed off of his body. His breath was heavy like mine, but he watched me quietly and calmly as I began pacing, rubbing my temples. His calm demeanor only proved my suspicions.

"I don't get this," I stated, shaking my head with frustration and confusion. "You kissed me back. After months and months, you kissed me back. Why?"

"It's my understanding that's the general idea when someone kisses you," Harry replied.

"Don't do that," I snapped at him, not wanting his sarcastic answers now. "And don't tell me you kissed me back just because you felt pity for me on my birthday either."

"I didn't," Harry responded.

"Then why!" I cried, turning to him furiously. I was actually raging mad, but I tried to temper my emotions to make heads and tails of this. "You've been acting distant with me for months, lying, pushing me away... sending me mixed signals, and now this?"

I paced some more when all Harry did was sigh deeply. "Cassandra..."

"I can't take this anymore," I confessed, feeling my eyes burn with tears of frustration. Throughout these past months, he had lied to me, been cold with me, played with my emotions, only to... kiss me back, after all this time. If he had wanted this, why hadn't he just... done something?

"Cassandra—"

"You were the one who told me to go," I whipped towards him and glared at him. "You were the one who ended this... thing between us. So why are you kissing me back now?"

Harry looked at me silently, pressing his lips into a flat line. When I realized he wasn't going to reply, I let out an angry cry.

"God!" I almost screamed, clutching my hair in frustration and anger. "I don't get you, Harry! You say one thing, but do another. You withheld truths from me, and for what?" I asked, referring to the time I found out about his virginity. "You never show your emotions! You never let anyone know what you're feeling, and it pisses me off!" I yelled, pacing back and forth in front of him. Harry remained standing where he was, watching me with that calm look.