Chapter 51

FLORENCE'S POV:

"We can't be late Flo," Charles yelled upstairs. I was in his bedroom grabbing my final things for the wedding. I grabbed my bag that had my bridesmaid dress and makeup, throwing my wet hair up in a messy bun and pulling a cap over my head. I caught myself in the mirror before heading downstairs. For now, I looked far too slouchy in my sweatsuit, hat, and fresh face but I knew in the next few hours I would be more put together than ever.

When I made it downstairs, Charles had his suit in a bag and looked very similar to me.

"Just how I like you," he said as I rushed down the stairs. 

"Don't get distracted and make us late," I winked at him as we walked to the door. "Did you call the taxi?"

"Sure did, we should be there right on time at least for you. I'll get to enjoy some beverages with the boys while you ladies get all dolled up."

I pouted at him while he opened the house door for me. "Jealous," I sighed.

Summer break was finally here for the both of us really, and today was Max and Kelly's wedding. They booked a beautiful Monaco venue, and it was going to be quite the party. For the most part everything had stayed under wraps, but there was some news about it that was released. Monaco was buzzing with a few more reporters that were brave enough to venture here which explained our lame efforts of blending in with hats and sunglasses.

When we jumped in the taxi, our driver was friendlier than most immediately jumping out and helping us store our bags in the trunk.

"Where you headed," he asked as we all settled into the car.

Charles gave the address which the taxi driver typed into his phone.

"Nice place, what are you all getting up to there?"

"A wedding," I simply offered.

The taxi let out a whistle. "Fancy stuff. Not to be nosy, but are you two headed to that formula 1 drivers wedding. Some drunk couples were gossiping about it my car last night."

I let our a nervous laugh while Charles rested his hand on my leg. "You caught us," Charles simply added.

"How do you know them," the taxi driver asked. It was easy to tell by the drivers tone he was simply curious and making conversation.

"Family friends," Charles offered out.

"Well I bet it'll be a damn good time," he said. Some quiet washed over the car while the driver made a few turns humming to the song in the background. "Do you know if that power couple from Monaco will be there?"

"Who's that?" I asked curiously.

The taxi driver laughed at my comment. "Oh come on, you two have to know the pride and joy of Monaco."

Charles let out a chuckle. "Enlighten us."

"Well my wife and I are huge sports fans. There's this awesome couple that live here. The guy races for Ferrari, just won at Silverstone a few weeks ago..."

I looked over at Charles surprised, and Charles had a small grin on his face. "Yeah, heck of a drive."

The taxi driver continued on, not knowing it was the specific driver in the car. "And his girl, she's Italian I think but is from here now. My wife adores tennis, and her Wimbledon tournament was incredible. Won the whole thing. Some of the best tennis we have seen in a long time."

This time Charles had a full blown smile on his face while he looked over at me. "Yeah I saw that, she was unstoppable."

The driver let out an excited cheer. "I mean best part of it all. We watched both and they got to be there supporting one another. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen. My wife was in tears both days. Those two are doing our small little country proud. You'll have to look out for them."