Part 8

Maze

I was really wondering what changes that girl's mind towards my Xavier. Hindi kaila sa akin ang mga matatalim na titig niya sa Boyfriend ko sa tuwing magkakasalubong niya ito sa Campus.

I have been observing her and I noticed how boring she is. She wasn't into make up, a gloss was the only visible thing you will noticed on her lips and that normal blush on her cheek whenever her and her friend talks about something. Her clothes are usually consist of plain blouses and jeans and yet she manage to look adorable in them sometimes. Okay, I didn't just said the adorable part in my mind, forget it.

"Maze!"

" Earth to Maze!" Lauren snapped a finger in my face to bring me to reality.

" What?!" I irritatedly asked.

" Wow ha, kanina kapa namin kinakausap, you're spacing out. Ano ba kasi ang iniisip mo?" curiosity was written on Lauren's face.

I would never tell them why. Good thing, I know what are they talking about.

" I was thinking about the dress, I'll get for the upcoming Gala. " I nonchalantly replied.

The Gala is the University’s annual major fundraising event for student scholarships and to formally thank the sponsors and benefactor of the said programme.

" Kailan pa naging issue sayo ang dress' Maze? We all know naman you can have any dress you want, may it be designer's or branded. " si Bea.

" That doesn't mean, i dont have to think about it. Anyway, I have to go the Library, we have a research paper to work on, remember? " I started walking away without waiting for their response.

They can be as irritating as they  can right now.

I started looking for books with the topic in mind given by our not so adorable professor, when I heard a familiar voice. It's her, that girl.

What is her name again? Nevermind, I don't care.

She's with her friend as usual. Lumapit ako sa katapat ng ailse kung nasaan sila.

" Tell me Lex? Why the sudden change of heart towards your crush?" dinig kong tanong ng kaibigan niya.

Perks my interest.

" Kasi nalaman ko na, he's not so perfect after all." sagot naman ni girl.

" Nalaman na? Ano ka ba Bess, ako lang to, sabihin mo na kasi." her friend again.

Right!

I was becoming curious and impatient like her friend. Cut the fucking chase and spill  the tea already. Gusto ko sanang isigaw sa kanya.

" I saw Xavier and Lauren kissing, nong gabing sinundo namin ni Kuya Mike sa Bar si Maze. "

What the hell!? I wasn't expecting to hear that.. Is she serious?

" What? He's cheating on Maze with her bestfriend Lauren? Sigurado ka ba dyan?" tinakpan niya ang bibig ng kaibigan.

" Shhhhh, hinaan mo nga yang boses mo. Baka may makarinig sayo.. " saway niya sa kaibigan.

To late, i already heard.

I'm contemplating kung magpapakita ba ako sa kanila o hindi. I choose the latert and listened more. The nerve of this girl na gumawa ng kwento.

" Sinabi mo ba kay Maze?" dinig kong tanong ulit ng kaibigan niya.

" What? Bakit ko naman gagawin yon? Tingin mo ba maniniwala yon sa akin? Baka kung ano pa isipin ng malditang yon." did she just?