Chapter 10

Harry was heading to the headmasters office when he bumped into Snape. "Hi Professor." "Hello child. Where are you headed at dinner time?" "Professor Dumbledore wanted to speak to me sir." "Me as well. Lets go together and once that's over you can have dinner in my quarters." "Thank you sir." grinned Harry as they continued their walk with Harry telling Snape all about his month back in school and Snape listened to every word with a small smile that's become more evident since Harry.

Entering the office they each took a seat before the desk with a smiling Headmaster behind it. "Harry, Severus. It's always nice to see you two. I hope you're getting along well?" "We're fine what did you want Albus?" asked Snape impatiently. "No need to be in such a hurry my boy. Harry why don't you have a lemon drop." suggested the man. Harry smiled happily and reached out before he heard his teacher stop him "You haven't had dinner Harry. Here." Snape handed Harry a napkin "Put some in there and you can have them after you eat." Harry grinned taking the offered Napkin and taking a few lemon drop for himself before tucking them away "Thank you sir." he said happily. Snape nodded before looking back at his employer who was watching them with a smug smile. "Ok Albus speak now or i leave along with the boy."

"Well boys, i think i found the perfect guardian for our little Harry." "Really sir?" asked Harry in excitement. "Really my boy! Though i do have a few things to make sure of. I called you both here because i never gave you a Christmas present my boy." "You really don't need to Professor." said Harry "I want to Harry. Here you are." he handed Harry two tickets. They were to a small family restaurant in Diagon Alley that had private rooms for every family. "Now i planned to have you go with your new family but I'm still not sure, so i decided that i will allow Professor Snape to take you. How does that sound?" Harry looked at Snape hopefully "Please sir?" "Harry, surely you have someone else in mind." said Snape "No. Please. Please. Pretty please?" begged the boy with puppy dog eyes and pouty lips. Snape reluctantly gave in "Fine. When is this for Albus?" "The next half hour. Meaning you should get going." said the man with twinkling eyes. Snape glared "Harry get dressed and meet me at the entrance of the castle again." "Yes sir. Thank you again sir. Also thank you Professor Dumbledore." called Harry as he ran out. Snape sighed rubbing his temple and leaving the office after glaring at Dumbledore one more time.

Standing outside the restaurant Harry took a hold of Snape's hand. "Are you afraid Harry?" asked Snape kneeling down. Harry nodded in embarrassment "Would you like me to pick you up?" another nod and he was lifted into the air. He hid his face in Snape shoulder as the man walked inside and spoke to the receptionist who lead him to their room. Once inside Snape closed and locked the door. "It's ok child. We're alone now." he said softly. Harry pulled back and looked around gasping. The room was big with a small play section and tv as well as table to eat. 

His feet touch the ground and he was instantly running around the room and touching everything. He got to the play area and picked up a toy airplane. Suddenly it left his hand and started flying around him. He giggled and ran to Snape as the plane flew after him "it's coming for me. Save me please." he laughed reaching out. With an amused eye roll the Potions Master picked Harry up again and caught the pane in his hand "Bad plane?" Harry nodded "Bad plane." Snape chuckled "It flew." said Harry confused "Most wizard toys are enchanted Harry." explained the man "Oh." "Come on, lets have dinner." "Shouldn't we call a waiter?" asked Harry as they at the table with Snape next to him, instead of opposite him.

"You see the menu? Well you just tap what you want and it will appear. It's to give the families more privacy and not disturb them. If scared wizard babies tend to to accidental magic a lot." he explained and Harry nodded. "They have bigger treacle tart!" gasped Harry with a grin "Meaning you only get one." said Snape and Harry pouted "Ok. Can i have anything i want?" "Albus is paying so eat to your full." smirked the man and Harry laughed. Once dinner was over Harry practically drowned his juice was halfway through his treacle tart when Snape stopped him "Calm down Harry. The food isn't going anywhere. You're ok. No one will take it away from you." he said softly. 

Harry put the tart down and wiped his mouth "What if-What if-" "No what ifs'. You're not going back. I promise." "But if Professor Dumbledore can't find anyone then i have to go back." "He said he might have found someone." "He also said he wasn't sure. I-I'm scared." "Harry." said Snape pulling the boy onto his lap and wiping his tears "If the Headmaster can't find a place for you then-then I'll take you in." "Really?" "If it's alright with you." Harry smiled "Actually you were the one i wanted to stay with in the first place." "Really? Why?" "Because i trust you and don't want you to leave me. I don't think anyone will care for me like you do." Snape smiled warmly surprising both him and Harry "I do care for you child. More than i ever thought i could." he said as he kissed Harrys head. Staying like that Harry continued to eat his tart with Snape stealing bits and laughing when Harry pouted.

Exiting the restaurant Snape read the time. 21:00. They had to be back by ten meaning they still had an hour. "Where are we apparating sir?" asked Harry. "I have a better idea Harry. We still have time. Why don't we go to muggle London for a while?" "Really sir?" "Yes. We can either go to the mall, or a park, or even the beach if you want." Harry grinned hurting his cheeks "The beach please!" Snape chuckled "Ok child. Let me first fix our clothes." he muttered a spell and they were both in t-shirts with jeans, a jacket and tekkies. "Better. I'll apparate us. Come on." he took Harrys hand with a pop they were gone.

" he took Harrys hand with a pop they were gone

Harry smiled looking around. There was a breeze since it was at night and no one else was on the beach.  Harry pulled Snape with him to the water "harry you can't swim." said Snape "I know." said Harry touching the water. he turned and found a puddle in the sand. he jumped in it and giggled when water splashed everywhere. "Harry." came a low growl. He looked up to find water on his teachers face. Trying and failing to hide his laugh Harry moved back. "You think it's funny" "A little bit sir." "Come here you brat." "No!" laughed harry running away from Snape.

"Got ya." exclaimed Snape picking Harry up and spinning around. Harry laughed "Whoooo!" they laughed and Snape held Harry on his hip and tickled the boy "Ok. Ok. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Stop. Stop. It's ticklish!" Snape stopped with an accomplished smile "Will you do that again" "No sir." said Harry with a permanent smile on his face "Good boy." " 'm not a dog." "You're right. You look more like a puppy." "That's mean."  "Facts tend to be mean sometimes." Harry huffed and laughed before sighing and yawning. "I think that's a signal. It's almost ten." "No. More fun." "I'll take you out again Harry. For now you should go to sleep. You have your last Quidditch practice tomorrow." " Right." mumbled Harry snuggling into the mans chest. Snape rocked him lightly "Go sleep Harry."  " M'kay. Night 'essor." "Goodnight child." said Snape softly before apparating to the school. Instead of putting Harry to bed, he took the boy to his quarters where he had already asked an elf to prepare the extra room for Harry. He put the boy to bed and kissed his head before going to his room and collapsing himself.