Chapter 9

Stephanie's POV

My back hurts.

My eyes hurt.

My neck hurts.

And I’m seriously tired of sitting on the same chair for so long. I thought that being a receptionist was easy, but I didn’t know that it came with such stressful work. If I don’t take a break soon, my brain’s gonna overheat and melt away.

I got up from my chair to get some coffee; hopefully no one would come during the time that I was away. I walked over to the coffee machine and grabbed a cup when I heard some commotion nearby. I dropped the mug on a nearby table and followed the sound and when I got there, it was this lady, a fellow worker I suppose, shouting at Mr. James and with my werewolf hearing, I was able to pick up a few things.

“You dirty filthy old man, look what you’ve done” she screeched at him and was about to hit him when I stepped in and grabbed her hand. “What do you think you’re trying to do? Don’t you have any shame, trying to hit an elderly man?” I dropped her hand.

“Just mind your business and get lost from here bimbo” she scowled at me. “Or you should be leaving here. ‘Cause I’m thinking about smashing your face in” I threatened her.

She gave me a long and hard glare which would send me six feet under if looks could kill and then spun around on her heels. “You’ll regret this bimbo” she said as she walked away. “Sure, I’ll be waiting for it bitch face” I called back.

This company was seriously packed with cowardly idiots who knew nothing but to play with words.

“Thank you Stephanie” Mr. James said, bowing his head as a sign of appreciation. “It’s okay. I hate idiots like those anyways; who even hired them?” I queried. “They’re probably trying to get into Mr. Aiden’s pants. You see people like those everyday” he said and I agreed.

“Well then, I suppose I should get going” I said. I wasn’t in the mood for coffee anymore since that lady had already given me the adrenaline that I needed. “I should get going too. Thanks again” he said. “No problem” I replied as I got going too. My back was still hurting and I really needed to stop by the toilet.

After doing my business in the toilet, I came out to wash my hands and saw the dehydrated she devil (a.k.a Brittany) applying makeup. Who even applies makeup at like… one thirty two in the afternoon?

She was engrossed in her coloring but noticed me when I turned on the tap to wash my hands. “The thief arrives” She said, dropping her eye shading… whatever it’s called. “What exactly did I steal?” I asked, my eyes closing bit by bit. I really needed sleep and listening to this girl’s rant was just like listening to a lullaby.

“Don’t play innocent. You stole my fucking boyfriend” She screeched. I think she’s a little bit mistaken. Mr. Andrew and I just became friends recently.

Kinda a long story.

                 ***Flashback***

I grunted with frustration as I tried to balance all the cardboard boxes on my body. I am seriously considering submitting my resignation letter.

There was so much to do and thinking that I would finish it at home and get some well deserved sleep, I did not even get a blink; not even a wink of sleep.

My hair was in a messy bun and I had giant eye bags. I didn’t even get time to pamper myself because I had woken up one freaking hour late.

And it didn’t help that Brittany was sassing me about her ‘morning date’ like, who cares about that. “Dammit” I cursed. Where was that stupid employee card? In the struggle to find that accursed card, I tripped and fell on the tiled floor.