Chapter 12

Kyle's POV

Ring.

Ring.

Ring.

I hesitantly picked up the phone and held it close to my ear making sure that it didn't interrupt my work whatsoever. "Mr. Altomare, Mr. Drake is here to see you" Carson, the receptionist said "let him in" I said.

Finally that fucker's here.

I resumed my work when he barged in with no care. Well, what do I expect from a blunder of a human being. His very existence is a crime. "Kyle Altomare, I hope you have considered the offer or else I'll have no choice than to boycott your company, you wouldn't want to lose a valuable shareholder like myself, would you now?" He made himself comfortable on the chair. I really hate these kind of people but then I have to show this guy where he belongs.

"You sure about that? I've been doing some research on your company and guess what I found? Papers that showed how you embezzled 7 million dollars, fake bearer bonds of worth 40 grand and finally a fake license of your company which if I'm correct means that your company is illegal." I said to him and was totally enjoying the way his face grew paler by the passing second.

"By now it must be on the way to the police; you sure you still wanna continue this deal?" I was looking down at him with mock pity. "Damn you piece of shit" he tried to punch me.

Really? He was gonna get physical now?

I held his fist and looked him directly in the eyes "if you get lost from here right now I'll forget that I have a bunch of evidence to throw you out of business. So choose wisely" sweat beads formed on his forehead as he pulled back "damn you, I won't forget this" he said as he exited.

I shook my head as I resumed my work.

That's just how the business world works. You always have to make sure that you're not being deceived by con men that guise themselves under the cover of "businessmen".

I kept on working when Andrew casually strolled into the office and enveloped me in hugs. Talk about rude. "What's up brother long time no see huh?" I rolled my eyes.

Someone needs to teach him a thing or two about formality. "Indeed I trust that the job has been executed" I know that I don't have to ask because I can always count on him to get the job done. "yep executed and done as always" he sat on one of the chairs.

He fell silent for a while before he spoke up "So umm...brother" he started. "Spill the beans" I cut him off. I wonder what the fuck he's done now?

"So you see, one of my friends needs a j-" "No" I immediately replied him. I really hate it when he recommend people for job. What is he, an advocate of the masses? This guy may be my best friend but then sometimes his decisions may prove detrimental for the company although he really wishes well for it.

"But you told me to spill the fucking beans" he said "I know and my answer is no" I looked up at him and saw the look of determination on his face. He wasn't going to let me off easily "C'mon bro she really needs that job" he sank farther into the seat.

"She? All the more reason for me to say no" my voice suddenly lost all emotion. I had gone out of my comfort zone to hire one of those species before and it was one of the worst decisions I ever took.

"Look bro I know you weren't pleased with what happened last time but she's different. The last thing she'll do is to annoy the fuck outta you" I raised an eyebrow. Does it fucking look like I'm looking for someone to annoy the fuck out of me? I said no again

"Look it'll be good for you too; all this work will kill you if you're not careful" I glared at him and he shrugged "Too much work can kill, even you too" I kept refusing him despite all his pleading. Why was he so persistent? It isn't like she is special or something .