3 | The Moon Is Pretty

10.10.2023📍

🥀

"I saw Jungkook's Birthday projects when I went out for a bicycle ride earlier." Namjoon starts at their dinner table.

"Army are so cute. I love them so much." Jungkook says while Jimin pats his head, carding his fingers through his freshly washed hair.

"We are so busy in preparing for our online stages, I think we should spend a whole relaxing day on Jungkook's birthday. What do you guys say?" Taehyung asks.

"I'm all in, it's our Jungkookie's birthday after all!" Jimin chirps.
"Thank God you were born tomorrow maakdungie, I needed a break around this time." Jin says and laughs at his own statement, taking Jhope and Jimin on his laughing wagon, causing others to follow soon.

"So We are doing a party tomorrow evening. Before that, let's all relax~" Jhope says, giving them a break from dance practice.

"Namjoonie, tell the company right away, and I'll plan other things for the party after I wake up tomorrow!" Yoongi says.

Jimin giggles, "Hyung please wake up on time then, we don't want to kick your bum on Jungkookie's bday! We will kick his bum only, 23 times."
"No one's kicking my ass!"
"Wah!!? Make it cute young man! Call it bum!!"
"Grow up Jimin hyung, you are 25 in a month! It's an ass not bum!!"

"Jin Hyuuuuuunggggg, look at him. He's so spoiled!" Jimin whines while Jungkook only chuckles, feeding him a spoon full of rice to shut his mouth.

Taehyung laughs loudly at him, clicking a few pictures, "I'll post them on his birthday~" he sing-songs.

The dinner goes with them laughing and having fun at trivial things. After dinner, they all retreat to their rooms.

Jimin decides to go to the terrace to do some star-gazing. He was going to be up till 12 to wish Jungkook.

"What are you doing here all alone?" He looks back and sees Jungkook in his night dress.
"Nothing... just appreciating the nature..." he replies smiling.

Jungkook goes to sit beside him, their thighs touching, but no one paying attention to it.

"Isn't the moon so pretty?" Jimin asks in a low whisper, looking up at the sky. Jungkook threads their fingers nodding.

This has become common in them, to be more touchy when they are alone.

Well... they don't notice they are still touchy in front of others too, they are just too lost in their own world each time to notice anything.

"The moon is pretty, and you know who else is looking pretty in the moonlight?" Jungkook asks in a whisper too. Jimin leans his torso back and looks at him with wide eyes. Fondness clear in his brown orbs.

"You have changed a lot!"
"Just ask me who else is pretty!"
"Who?" Jimin asks with a smile, biting his lips to stop it from becoming a grin.

"You. Your bare face. You are looking pretty in the moonlight..." Jungkook says sincerely. Jimin covers his mouth before looking away with a cute smile.

"If any of the hyungs hear you like this, they are going to faint." Jimin giggles lightly, ignoring the constant push & pull of his heartstrings.

He doesn't know what to make out of this. Is Jungkook just becoming adult and that's why these sudden acts of manly charms, or does it means something more.

Something that Jimin is too afraid to assume. He doesn't want his heart to ache if he assumed something wrong.

"What are you thinking?" Jungkook's voice brings him back.
"You find Army cute too... do you also look at them the same way you look at me...?"