03

Gabriella's POV:

Gabriella's POV:

"God Ells, even though you're small, you sure walk into people hard!" Matteo laughs, twisting his body slightly and shrugging an arm over my shoulder.

"I'm really sorry Matt, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't late to English Literature" I explain but he laughs and mutters "nerd"

I don't reply to his insult and start dragging him along with my fast-pace walking. I need to make sure I give my teacher a good impression!

"Gabs, are you sure you want to do Literature with your d-" Matteo starts but I shush him by putting my palm over his lips

"Whisper it! I don't want people to know about my... dyslexia" I whisper the end.

Matt looks hesitant and tries to get me to accept this 'setback' by reassuring me that I'm still capable like the other Literature students and this doesn't define me but I shrug.

I know it's nothing to be ashamed about but I don't want to risk losing this new start if the pupils are unkind and share rumors.

We arrive at the door and I'm quick to say goodbye and send a quick hug his way! Matteo creases his eyebrows and my willingness to want to get to class but I'm sure he doesn't truly care that much. I'm assuming he doesn't like school much

I walk through the door to see another female teacher but she didn't give off the same friendly vibes as my Economics teacher did.

"Oh... hello?" She slightly questions me once I walk through the door. "Hi, I'm a new student here" I softly smile

She rolls her eyes and roughs "Name?"

"Gabriella but I go by Gabby" I answer. She looks me up and down with a slight grimace hinting in her eyes but rolls her eyes again

"Right... sit there" she points to an empty seat after a few moments of thinking.

The table I'm at is a similar layout to my previous classroom. My seat is the second one from the window which means I'm in the middle of the table.

When I first arrived into the classroom, there were only 3 other students in here but by the time I walk over to my assigned seat, the whole class is full.

I awkwardly shuffle my way to the seat and realize to my left is a gorgeous girl. She looks mixed-race and has her long hair styled into multiple braids.

To my right, there are 2 seats. The one closest to me is a tall guy with short, messy, blonde hair. I look past him and see none other than Jay.

Inwardly, I roll my eyes at the fact I'm not only seeing Jay 3x a week for Economics but 3x a week for English Literature too. Guess we'll need to get along....

"Hi" the girl beside me smiles, "hey, wow you're so pretty" I compliment her

She blushes "thank you so much! You are too"