second chance trope (draco's version)

NOT PROOFREAD!

——————————

Prologue:

Pt 1: You seal the envelope with a little smile and get up to grab your bottle of perfume

Pt 1:
You seal the envelope with a little smile and get up to grab your bottle of perfume.
One little spray on the thick paper, then you close the lid and put it back.
In neat handwriting, you put Draco's name in the center of the envelope.
You have spend days to figure out a nice gift for him for his birthday, something meaningful considering that you have been dating for three months now.
You put the envelope underneath the bow that is wrapped around the packet wrapped in black paper.
"Perfect.", you murmur and get ready.
One hour later you leave your dorm. A look on your phone tells you that you will be an hour earlier, but Draco won't mind, you're sure of that.
You hum as you make it down the stairs and over to your boyfriends dormitory.
You knock on the door but get no response. Opening the door and peeking into the room confirms that Draco is not here.
You place the gift on his bed and pull your phone out to call him. The phone rings on Draco's desk, half hidden underneath a sweater.
As you end the call, you notice a message on his homescreen. Letting curiosity getting the best of you, you take a closer look.
It's Blaise.
Hey, meet me in the library. I want to give you the money.
You roll your eyes. Typically Blaise, getting things like that sorted out on Draco's birthday.
Well, at least you know where he is.
Quickly you make your way to the library all across the castle. Draco's phone is in your hand. You want to give it back to him.
The hallways are filled with people strutting around. Classes are over, but some people head outside or to library like you.
As you enter the huge room, the smell of books and murmured conversations surrounding you. The library is a really peaceful place.
You skip trough the rows of bookshelves, watching out for the blonde hair of Draco.
You hear him before you can see him. "You could've wait a few days."
As you walk around the corner, you see Blaise and Draco leaning against a table, looking out of the window, their backs facing you.
Before you can make another step, Blaise says something that causes you to stop dead in your tracks. "Poor y/n.", he speaks but his tone is dripping from sarcasm. He throws something in the air and catches it again. Coins clink together. It's a small bag of money. The money he texted about. But what has this got to do with you?
"Anyways, you won the bet. Fair and sincere. Here you go."
Draco takes the money but throws the small sack onto the table. He sighs.
"What, are you afraid she's going to find out?"
Draco shakes his head, but he hesitates a second before doing so.
"Good. I mean, why should you? You don't have to stay with her any longer. 3 months, that was the condition."
"Yeah, 3 months.", Draco speaks. His voice sounds sore.
Blaise chuckles. "Don't tell me you fell for her."
Draco clears his throat. "Ha, you think. Of course I'm not in love with y/n.", he says.
You are surprised he didn't hear your heard shatter with loud cracks.
But what he can hear is the sob that you can't hold back. In a flash, he has turned around and is met with your teary eyes and trembling chin.
"Oh fuck. Y/n, wait!", he yells as you throw his phone onto the desk and turn on your heels.
He stumbles over a chair as he tries to head after you. "Fuck, fuck, fuck!"
He gets up again, running after you. Halfway to the Slytherin house, he catches you by the wrist.
"Please wait!"
You snatch your hand back from him. "Don't touch me!", you scream into his face, causing some students to turn around to you and Draco.
"It's not how you think it is, please let me explain."
Instead of an answer, you reach behind you to unclasp the necklace Draco gave you at your third date.
"No explanation needed, Malfoy!", you hiss into his face and slam the necklace against his chest.
"You're a fucking liar, a traitor. I can't believe I didn't listen to my friends when they warned me about you."
His fist clenches around the metal in his hand that is still holding the warmth of your body. "What I said to Blaise isn't true.", he whispers, his voice breaking.
You ignore the remorse in his eyes as he looks up.
"Happy birthday, Draco. You're free now, just as you wished.", are your last words before you storm off, furiously wiping away the tears that roll down your cheeks.