𝟎𝟓

Wednesday.

It was only wednesday.

Adhira rushed through her morning routine, heart pounding with anxiety. It was only Wednesday, and she had slept in, mistakenly thinking it was the weekend. She knew she had to get to work quickly. She slipped into a crisp white kurti and blue pants.

She quickly did her makeup and said goodbye to her reflection in the mirror

She quickly did her makeup and said goodbye to her reflection in the mirror.She sprinted down the stairs her heart pounding faster than her footsteps. She found her mother, Meera, bustling around the kitchen. The smell of parathas and chai filled the air, and her stomach rumbled.

As she was leaving Meera, her mother called out to her,"Adhira".

I'm running late, Maa" Adhira explained, regret tugging at her as she glanced at the delicious breakfast spread.

Meera sighed, her motherly concern etched on her face. "Adhira, you can't go to work without eating. Sit down, and I'll make you something quickly."

Before Adhira could protest, her older brother, Ved, scolded her from the doorway. "Adhira, you should eat. You're always rushing. Kabhi toh time pe uth jaya kar"

Adhira sighed at her brother and said," Nahi Maa, aap bass chai bana do. Bhai I'll have something later. I promise."

[ no mom, just make tea]

Siya(Ved's wife) apppeared with a packed lunchbox." Here, I've packed you something to eat ont the way. Kitni baar bola hai na Adhira khana khane."

"Thank you, Bhabhi!" Adhira expressed her gratitude with a warm, guilt-ridden smile. A unique bond had always existed between Adhira and Siya. Adhira's parents, both doctors, were often engrossed in their demanding careers, leaving her with plenty of time to feel bored, even though she was the most cherished child. After Ved's marriage, Siya and Adhira's relationship deepened into something truly special and she had a special bond with Siya.

Adhira quickly drank chai which Meera prepared for her.

Naveen, Adhira's father, was also leaving for the hospital, "Adhira, do you want me to drop you at the office today? Bahot din hogye hai"

" Ji papa, thank you, you're the best." Adhira exclaimed while wearing her  juttis and picking up her bag.

As they drove to the Chauhan Architect Industry, she couldn't help but feel a rush of gratitude for her loving family. They adored her, always looking out for her well-being.

Adhira quickly ran as fast as she could through the door of  the office.

"Good morning Ms. Singhal", called out an amused voice.

Adhira gave the receptionist a playful glare. "Yes, yes good morning to you too."

She hastily  took her company ID card out from her purse. She swiped it on the pad sitting on top of the gate. There was a beep before the gate opened to let Adhira in. "I'll see you later."