𝟏𝟐

पहला नशा  पहला खुमार  

नया प्यार है   नया इंतज़ार 

कर लू मैं क्या अपना हाल 

ऐ दिल-ए-बेकरार 

मेरे दिल-ए-बेकरार, तू ही बता

Adhira's heart raced.

Adhira's chest tightened with anxiety as  Meera, extended a warm invitation to Adwait to step inside their home. In that moment, Adhira silently wished for Adwait to politely decline.However, she knew all too well the persuasive charm that her mother had.

Adhira's mind raced with apprehension. She didn't want her family members to overthink about  Adwait's visit or bombard her with probing questions about their relationship.Yet, despite her silent pleas, Adwait surprised her by accepting the invitation with a polite smile. Adhira's hopes sank as Meera's expression shifted from surprise to delight at Adwait's agreement.

As they entered the house, Adhira felt a knot of tension coiling in her stomach. She stole a glance at Adwait, wondering what thoughts were swirling behind his composed facade. Did he realize the implications of his acceptance? Would her family members jump to conclusions about their connection? The weight of uncertainty bore down on her shoulders, threatening to suffocate her in its grip.

Meanwhile, Meera's smile remained fixed, tinged with curiosity as she ushered them further into the cozy living room. She knew Adhira had been involved in the renovation project of one of Adwait's hotels, but she certainly hadn't anticipated his unexpected visit.The air was charged with unspoken questions, and Adhira couldn't help but feel a sense of unease settle over her like a heavy blanket.

As Meera gently nudged Adhira to bring some water, Adhira reluctantly made her way towards the kitchen.However, her escape was short-lived as she encountered her brother Ved descending the stairs. His teasing remark cut through the heavy atmosphere, "Kya hua Adhira, aisi shakal kyu banayi hai  jaise tune bhoot dekh liya?" Irritated by her brother's lack of sensitivity to her predicament, Adhira shushed him with a sharp glance before continuing on her way.

Meanwhile, Adwait observed the interaction with a knowing smile. He could sense Adhira's unease, her attempt to maintain a façade of normalcy in the face of her family's probing eyes. Despite his own reservations about staying longer than necessary, he couldn't bring himself to decline Meera's invitation. His respect for her warmth and hospitality outweighed his desire to flee the uncomfortable situation.

Adwait's smile remained hidden beneath a polite exterior as he exchanged pleasantries with Ved and Meera, his thoughts drifting to Adhira's well-being.As Adhira returned with the water, her forced smile did little to disguise the turmoil brewing beneath the surface. Adwait's gaze softened with empathy as he caught her eye, silently offering his support in the midst of the familial chaos.

As the conversation flowed, Meera graciously asked "hukum chai ya coffee kuch lenge aap?''  Adwait politely opted for coffee, prompting Meera to request Adhira to prepare a cup for their guest. With a reluctant sigh, Adhira retreated to the kitchen, her irritation mounting with each step. The discomfort of the situation weighed heavily on her, and she couldn't shake the feeling of being trapped in a situation she had hoped to avoid. 

Grumbling to herself, Adhira went through the motions of preparing the coffee. Finally, the coffee was ready, and Adhira hurriedly poured it into a cup, eager to end the encounter as quickly as possible. As she handed the steaming cup to Adwait, her forced smile faltered, betraying the strain of her discomfort. She watched in silence as Adwait took a sip, his expression unreadable amidst the tension that hung in the air.