Chapter 21. Shrishti and her Dadi

'PARI! COME HERE RIGHT NOW!', her Dadi roared across the road and Shrishti sighed. This was inevitable, she reminded herself. Her Dadi would never approve of her mingling with Raghav and his family and she knew that and was even mentally prepared for it. But that did not mean Shrishti was interested in this conversation. Because she was certain it would turn into a screaming match and Shrishti did not enjoy confrontations much.

Shrishti huffed before turning to Raghav while removing the protective accessories.

'Thanks for teaching me. I will see you tomorrow.'

'Will you be ok?' Raghav looked concerned.

Shrishti waved him off. 'I will be fine. Dadi loves to lecture. That's all. She will bore me, I will argue and storm off.'

'Will she allow you to come back?' Raghav wondered. He looked worried. Shrishti smiled at that. He really did want her to come back!

'Of course. You forgot that Pappa has ultimate say in the family in regards to me. And he likes you. He will never stop me. This is one fight in which he will definitely side with me!' Shrishti reassured him. He nodded and waved his hands when she tried to hand over the helmet and pads.

'Keep it! I got them for you.'

Shrishti could not help but smile brightly. 'I will keep as a gift from you then.'

Once again, there was a small smile on Raghav's lips. 'Ok.'

'Bye.'

'Bye.'

Shrishti took in a deep breath and headed towards her house. She had a Dadi to fight with!

The moment Shrishti was close to Dadi, her arm was grabbed roughly and she was dragged into the house. Dadi walked swiftly and Shrishti almost stumbled as she followed the woman. She did not know what made her look back but she turned around only to see a worried looking Raghav staring at her. That was the last thing she saw as the door shut behind her. Dadi shook her arm roughly and Shrishti turned to look at her.

'PARI! What were you doing with that boy!' Dadi was snarling and fuming as she glared at Shrishti. She might be just five foot lady but man, was she scary like this, Shrishti mused absentmindedly. Dadi's eyes felt like lazer beams glaring down at Shrishti. But Shrishti was not affected. She had faced death and come back. What is the worst that Dadi can do?

'He is my friend, Dadi. He was teaching me cycling.', Shrishti calmly replied.

'Cycling! Is that what you call it these days?', his Dadi roared.

Shrishti felt insulted. 'What are you trying to say, Dadi?'

'You silly girl! How many times do I have to tell you? That boy is after something else. He is trying to get the property. But you fool do not understand and now you have been caught into his trap.', Dadi spoke, her hands waving all around, anger clear in her tone.

Shrishti just stared at the woman in front of her, surprised. How wild her imagination was! And Shrishti actually believed in her in last life? Boy, was she a dumb girl!

'Dadi! You watch way too many TV Shows.', Shrishti could not help but comment.

'What?' Dadi looked confused.

'These things happen in movies and TV Shows, Dadi. Not in real life! And Raghav is not like that, by the way!' Shrishti threw her hands in the air.

'What do you know about that boy? Haan? Tell me! What do you know? You are just an eighteen year old girl! A teenager! I have seen the world! I know what kind of horrible people lurk around here!', Dadi ranted.