Chapter 30. A day at the Mall

'Look at that outfit. It looks so lovely.' Divya pointed out.

Daljeet huffed. 'It is so girly. Not my style.'

'What about you, Shrishti?', Divya asked.

Shrishti rejected it too. 'That outfit is not the right shade for me.'

Divya pouted. 'But it looks so pretty.'

They were at the mall, arriving just an hour before noon with the plans to spend the whole day there. They had plans to shop, eat and watch a movie. At the moment, they were in a dress store checking out maxi dresses.

'Why don't you try it? The colour palette would suit you.', Shrishti suggested.

'You think?' Divya frowned.

'Trust me. As someone who loves shopping, I think this colour would be perfect on you.'

'But the off shoulder.....?'

'I know. It is not your style.', Daljeet spoke up, 'But try and see. Maybe you might like it after wearing it.'

Divya shook her head but she looked sad. 'I am not sure. I am not slim like you too.'

'You are slim too. Your shape is just different from ours. You are apple shaped while I am hour glass and Daljeet here is lean rectangle. And this dress would suit your shape.', Shrishti replied, before grabbing the dress with one hand and her best friend's arm with other and walked over to the trial room. She pushed Divya in, handed over the dress to her and closed the door. 'Change, Divi. Good or bad, let us decide. Try it atleast before you give up.'

Daljeet giggled at her actions and Shrishti shrugged. 'What is the use of having so much shopping knowledge if I cannot use it to help my friends?'

A while later, Divya came out and Daljeet and Shrishti's eyes widened.

'Oh my! Someone is looking hot!', Daljeet teased and Divya looked at her with wide eyes. Daljeet laughed at her reaction. Shrishti waved her to the mirror. 'Have a look and see if it suits you.'

Divya stood in front of the mirror and posed in every way before giving a gasp. 'I never knew I could look this pretty.'

'Babe! You need to take Shri around next time you shop. Because you look stunning!'

'I know.' Divya whirled around and looked at her best friend. 'You are awesome!'

Shrishti shrugged. 'Just a talent I have!'

'Excuse me!', they heard someone say and turned.

There were two girls standing there.

One of them spoke, 'I am sorry but I overheard what you three just discussed and I....', she looked at her friend hesitantly. The friend nodded. The first girl turned back to them, 'I wonder if you could help us.'

Shrishti blinked in surprise.

The girl continued, 'Can you tell me if this dress looks good on me?' She waved to the one she was wearing. 'We could not decide.'

Shrishti had a look while Divya went to change back.

'It looks good.', Shrishti murmured as she tilted her head, 'But something is missing.'

'I said the same.', the girl's friend murmured, 'But we could not think what is missing.'

'A belt.' Shrishti snapped her fingers. 'Add a belt to the dress. The waist cinching will highlight the waist and make this dress look even better.'

'So should I buy it?'

Shrishti shrugged. 'That is your decision. But if you did buy, try a belt at the waist to make it look better.'