7

"How the fuck is there an audio of that night?" Tan yelled at his phone as he kept pacing in his room.

"How am I supposed to know when I was there with you?" Ox yelled from the other side of the phone.

"Apart from us four, no one was there that night unless they hid themselves very well." He sighed into the phone.

"For God's sake, how the fuck do I know someone hid there and recorded our conversation? I'm damn sure it has something to do with Daphne or Milo." Tan answered him as he sat on the sofa.

"It sure is not Daphne, because she is dead, which leaves Milo, and seeing that he is on the run, I doubt that he is the one who recorded. What the fuck? How come I didn't think of that soon? Knox, fucking track the number I'm sending you. This shit better be the clue to fucking find him." He huffed as he disconnected the call.

Anger rushed through his body, thinking that his and Ox's ex-best friend might be the one. But then again, weren't they the ones who betrayed him and pushed him to jail? Do they regret it? No, not even an ounce of guilt is there. Ox might have, but not Tan; he is a cold-hearted and selfish bastard. Why? Does he face something so traumatic that he is acting like this? No, he has always been selfish and egoistic. He only wanted things to be done his way. A spoiled rich brat is doing things on his own accord.

A sudden knock made him stop his daydreaming. Silas entered his room and settled himself on the sofa.

"What do you want this late? I'm not in the mood to talk to anyone." He huffed as he curled himself into the blanket.

"Who was the guy you came with?" He asked, and that's when realization hit him. He stood up, screaming 'oh shit' and running towards the door.

"No need to worry. He went home safely, I guess." Silas called him as he murmured the last two words slowly.

"What do you mean, I guess? He is new to the town and doesn't know places this well. You could have at least sent him home safely." He half yelled, half screamed.

"That's not how you should talk to someone older than you, and if you care so much about him, you should've dropped him home yourself and not left him behind. The guy looked a whole lot nervous while talking to Aizel. Learn to take responsibility and know how to handle it. You remember what happened last time, and you've faced the consequences of it. Don't repeat the same mistake again, or I won't be able to help you like last time." He glared at him and stood to walk out.

"Why do you always have to talk about that incident? It's been 5 years. Get over it. I already said I'm sorry for that." Tan yelled at him. His mind was going crazy thinking about all the things that happened in a span of some hours.

"I'll get over it once you're truly sorry about the incident. I can see how sorry you feel for her." With this, Silas left the room, closing the door with a bang.

A loud thud made Silas stop on his way to his room. He looked back at the door and sighed heavily. That guy is immature, and for once he had hope that he might become a better person. The hope might be the guy, Nash.

"Hello," he groggily said as he picked up the phone, not bothering to check the caller ID.

"Nash, hey." Tan said it ever so politely. Hearing Tan's voice, an immediate scowl fell on his face.

"What do you want this late, Tan? I need some sleep. I have work early in the morning." He asked, trying to be as polite as he could, but his voice came out rude.

"Hey, Did you reach home safely? I'm sorry, I left suddenly. Something came up, and I forgot about you." Tan lazily said as he rubbed his hand onto his nape.