Plot Twist

"That's what we get for trusting you." Ghost stared me down from behind the bars.

I said nothing, my programming still kicking in. 

"Say something!" Ghost slammed his hands on the bars.

"Ghost!" Price entered the cell block. "It seems they did a number on you."

I stared passed them at a wall. Refusing to acknowledge the hurt on their faces. 

"Y/n, please help us understand." Price unlocked my cell. I stayed seated on the floor.

"I did what I had to do." I finally looked at Price. "I couldn't keep you safe while staying with the 141."

"We didn't need you keeping us safe." Ghost we clearly pissed.

"He's right. I'm sorry you felt like this was the only way." Price knelt in front of me. "Y/n... What did they do to you?"

I shrugged, falling silent again.

"Ghost why don't you leave us for a moment." 

"Fine." Ghost stormed away and Price sat in front of me.

"Y/n... Did you get it?" Price finally spoke once Ghost was out of sight.

"Yep." I slide a hard drive into Price's hand. "The mole is Sheperd. He's planning on trying to take you all out next deployment, making it look like you all were KIA."

Keeping them safe was only half the truth, Price and I found out about a mole. I left to infiltrate them and find out who and how to stop my brother. It was hell but so worth it. Sadly the others think I was a traitor. 

"Good work." Price stood and helped me to my feet. "I'm sorry for what you had to go through."

"That's fine, it got us what we needed." 

"Shall we inform the others?" Price held open the door.

"Yeah, I think Ghost might kill me any moment." 

---

"Wait, What?" Soap stood there dumbfounded.

"What the hell? Why didn't you say something to us?!" Ghost was even more pissed than before.

"We knew you would try and stop us." Price finished briefing them on what I was tasked to do.

"Damn, that's some badass shit." Gaz shook his head in disbelief. 

"I think it's safe to say she belongs with us." Roach leaned forward in his chair.

"Fuck this." Ghost stormed out.

"Go on, go after him." Price nodded to the door and I followed after Ghost.

"Ghost!" I called to him.

He kept walking down the hall, ignoring me.

"You would have done the same in my position." 

He stopped walking and turned to me. "I would have said something!"

"No, you wouldn't have. So don't sit here acting like I committed some great crime." I folded my arms, I knew he was hurt but he needed to understand the position I was in.

"You could have said something." Ghost's voice became soft. "I thought you were gone. Like, gone, gone."

"I'm sorry, but Price knew you wouldn't let me go If we told you." I approached him. "I'm okay now."

Ghost looked me up and down. "Are you though?"

"Yeah." I lied. I was far from okay but he didn't need to know the details of what happened to me.

The air fell silent. Ghost just stared at me.  

"Next time, say something." Ghost turned away from me and kept walking.

I sighed. What was I expecting? He thought I was a traitor at first, I left him after pushing him away. I dragged myself to my room, finding everything untouched as if Ghost was waiting for me to come home. I laid in my bed, my bones aching as they finally were able to rest.

"He blamed himself, you know." Soap stepped into the room.

I sat up, my body protesting. "I'm sorry, I wanted to tell him but we all know what he would say."

"I know, I get why you did it, but it's been a year. We came to terms that you weren't coming home." Soap sat on the edge of my bed.

"I'm not going to lie, I almost didn't." I thought back to all the times I almost died during the torment. 

Soap looked down. "That bad?"

I nodded. "It was horrible."

"I'm so sorry." Soap crawled up to me, pulling me into a tight hug. "All for the sake of winning a war." 

"If it means we win, it'll be worth it." 

"Y/n.. I need to speak with you again, i'm sorry." Price peeked his head into the room.

"Duty calls." I slid out of Soap's arms and followed Price.

"I have another favor of you to ask. We need a safe house, I have a feeling after thise deployment we won't be returning home." 

I nodded. "On it sir."