Chapter 2

Esme jumped and dropped her book onto the ground and got to her feet from couch of the living room as a loud piercing scream came from her and Carlisle's room,

"Fayette?!" She said in a slight panic, As she entered her room to see the girl upright in bed tears coming down her cheeks and her eyes scanning the room as her chest came up and down heavily. "Are you alright?" She asked as she slowly made her way to the bed,

"Bad women!" Fayette said, And jumped into Esme arms before she could even think about sitting on the bed.

"Bad women?" Esme asked as her eyes scanned the room,

"Bad women everywhere!" Fayette nodded into her neck, As her legs and arms tightly wrapped around Esme. "Bad women try to hurt me!" At Fayette's words Esme realized that the girl has had a nightmare,

"Oh honey," Esme softly spoke, And began rubbing her right hand up-and-down the girl's back. "It's all right, You've had a nightmare, There are no bad women, you are safe. it's all right calm down."

"No...No bad women?" Fayette said as she looked up from Esme's neck to lock eyes with her,

"No bad women," Esme smiled softly, Giving her a look up assurance. "I promise,"

Esme isn't sure if it's her smile, words, or look of assurance but, Something gives the girl ease, and her heart rate slows and her breathing does as well, And she relaxes in Esme's arms.

"There you go," Esme patted her back softly, "Isn't that better?" Fayette nodded slowly, and Esme smiled. "Are you hungry?"

"Food?" Fayette's eyes lit up So bright, That Esme could have sworn that they were stars.

"Yes." Esme giggled, "You want Food?"

"Yes!" The girl basically bounced in Esma's arms with excitement, "Food!"

Esme giggled, "Alright," The older vampire turned on her heels still with the girl tightly in her arms, and began making her way out of the room and downstairs into the kitchen.

Once they were in the kitchen Esme set the Fayette down at the counter on one of the stools, Then began looking around the fridge and cabinets.

Ever since Nessie and Jacob came into the family Esme has made sure to keep the fridge and cabinets Stalked with food; It's like they have their very own little supermarket,

"Hm, What could I fix her to eat?" Esme thought, As she looked around the kitchen.

Esme knows from what Carlisle told her this morning before he left for work that fairies do not eat meat, they are vegetarian creatures, due to their connection with nature and animals.

So, She's not sure if the girl will want something with meat in it and since the girl has no memory of her life prior to Esme finding her she's not sure if she was a part of the vegetarian lifestyle Prior to her memory loss, So to be on the safe side she will make her something that is vegetarian.

Her husband also told her that he will be contacting a long friend of his on his lunch break today to get more information about fairies, Which is a good thing, Because they need all of the information they can get.

After a few moments of looking around the kitchen the only thing that Esme could find that was vegetarian friendly was frosted flakes, peanut butter, fruit, Milk, yogurt, cheese And eggs.

"It looks like I'll have to go to the store later this week and get some more vegetarian options," Esme thought, "In the meantime, for today, I can pour her a bowl of cereal and make her a Peanut butter banana and strawberry smoothie with yogurt, And a side of eggs."