Prologue

Hazel Harmon along with her twin sister Violet were called into the living room by their mother, Vivien.

Hazel had overheard an argument taking place earlier in the day, it had become a common occurrence since Vivien's miscarriage.

And as normal, Hazel put in her headphones and began to watch a movie on her laptop. Hazel hated that her parents fought so often. The Harmon's used to be a picture perfect family in Hazel's eyes.

A stay at home mother, their father worked full time as a psychiatrist, and a pair of twin daughters who were a perfect mix of their parents.

As Hazel walked into the living room, she saw her mother sitting on the couch, clearly upset. Vivien's face was scrunched together in an upset expression and her cheeks were puffy as if she'd been crying.

The twin girls sit on the same couch on either side of their mother.

"What is it, mom?" Hazel asks, beginning to worry. It must have been a bad fight for her mother to be crying.

"Your father is cheating on me" Vivien says blandly. Her eyes staying focused on the fireplace mantel in front of them.

Hazel feels her body heat in sudden anger towards her father.

"What?" Violet exclaims, rather loudly.

"With who?" Hazel asks. How could her father cheat on his wife? And only months after her miscarriage?

"One of his students" Vivien answers. "Hayden to be exact"

Hazel had met Hayden before. She came to the house once for a study with Ben. Hayden had seemed nice enough at the time. She was polite and said hello to Hazel and Violet, who were sitting on the couch they were sitting on now.

Hazel was pissed.

"Shes only 22!" Violet says, earning a nod from her mother.

"We're getting out of this house. We're moving. I don't know where yet, but it has to be away from Hayden. My husband will not see her again" Vivien states seriously as she stands up and walks into the kitchen.

Violet looks at Hazel. "Moving?" She questions again, her voice still loud. "We can't move"

"We should be able to stay. We can kick Dad out of the house and he can move in with Hayden since he wants her so bad" Hazel states coldly.

"Exactly" Violet says, her tone settling. She leans back on the couch, staring up at the ceiling.

"Guess we should start packing?" Hazel mumbles, standing up and heading towards her room.

Authors note ;

New book!!!!! The actual chapters will be longer than this obviously, and I just want to say that I'm not romanticizing being a school shooter or the other things he did. Th at will become evident as the book goes on.