06 | Helter Skelter

Hazel was combing through her hair, it had gotten very messy during the fight.

"Hey" A now familiar voice called out from behind her. Tate.

"Hey" She responded.

"Why'd your hair get so messy?" Tate chuckles, sitting down in his usual spot on the bed.

Hazel rolls her eyes in the mirror and laughs. "Some bitches were beating up Violet and I got into it" Hazel explains, putting her hairbrush down and turning around in her chair.

"They were what?" Tate asks, obvious anger lacing his tone.

"Beating the shit out of her!" Hazel exclaimed. "It was bullshit"

"Wait, I got an idea. Get Violet and meet me downstairs" Tate says before leaving the room, carefully examining the hallway beforehand.

Though confused, Hazel walks to Violet's room. "Vi, come here" She says.

"Why?" Violet retorts, not wanting to leave the comfort of her bed and whatever book she was reading at the time.

"You're gonna meet someone" Hazel says with a smile and raising her eyebrows.

"Oh my God, is it that Tate kid? The one that dad was pissed at?" Violet asks in a whisper as they begin to walk towards the basement.

Hazel nods her head. 

When they walk down the stairs, Tate is sitting near the bottom step.

"Tate" Hazel calls out. "This is Violet"

Tate stands up and looks at her. "I'm Tate"

Violet nods.

"Tell me about these bitches" Tate ordered.

"Their coke addict bitches who literally want nothing more in life than to watch me suffer!" Violet blurted. "Their honestly pathetic"

"Who's the worst out of all of them?" Tate queries.

Hazel and Tate sat, their backs leaning against the back of the staircase, Violet had began pacing.

"Leah!" Violet exclaims. "She's their ring leader"

Tate simply nods, looking over at Hazel. They lock eyes and Hazel's heart almost pounds out of her chest.

"I hate her. I just want to kill her!" Violet exclaims in another fit of anger.

"Then do it" Tate says nonchalantly. "One less high-school bitch making the lives of the less fortunate is, in my opinion, a public service" Tate states. "Look, you want her to leave you alone? Stop making your life a living hell? Short of killing her there's only one solution, scare her. Make her afraid of you. That's the only thing bullies react to"

"How?" Violet questions the blonde.

"It's simple. You tell her that you have a coke stash. Invite her over, and me and Haze will take over from there" Tate explains.

Oh God, he called her Haze. Her heart sped up again, like it was trying to escape.

"Shes a cokehead" Violet repeats.

"Tate, where would we get coke?" Hazel questions.

"You don't need the coke, Hazel. We just need to get her over here. Tomorrow, bring her home. Bring her down here. And she'll leave the house empty-handed and terrified" Tate explains.

"How are you going to scare her?" Hazel asks.

She was a bit suspicious of his motives, no matter how big of a crush she had.