Memories of the past

UK followed Royalist even deeper into the library (yes it is massive) and they stopped in front of a staue of the lion, the unicorn and the dragon (the UK's national animals).

"Why did you stop?" Questioned UK.

"Because it's right here," he said as he pushed the statue with ease, "Trust me, I am not that strong, it may look heavy but it is really nothing.."

There was blue light that shone into the room and made Royalist's blue and gold hair glisten and shine. There were columns of books that surrounded the centre round table which had a red velvet book named 'History of the Isles' and a golden pocket watch next to it.

"Read it.." beckoned Royalist, "and twist one quarter of the watch after you read each person.."

"But.. there's so many! How can I read all of them?"

"You can take your time.. each chapter talk about a different person and I want you to do only one chapter a day alright? It takes up so much energy, and if you do too much, you might get sick especially since you're already in such a state.." Royalist mumbled at the end.

"I didn't really catch the last part.."

"It's fine, nothing to worry about!" Royalist shrugged off.

Britain nodded, slightly not believing him. He opened the dusted book and read:

Chapter 1: Kingdom of Celtic

UK started to read:

"Kingdom of Celtic was a fierce warrior. She ruled over what's now Scotland, Wales and Ireland and after the Roman Empire collapsed, most of Western Europe. She was one of the fierce warriors of Scotland who fought ferociously to keep away the Romans from conquering Scotland and she succeeded triumphantly. She protected her people with all her heart, however; near the end of her reign, she became a tyrant and was overthrown and burnt alive. (I really don't know much this is just my au😭)

UK was shocked, "What-"

"Nuh-uh, twist the pocket watch.."

He twisted a quarter of the pocket watch and he felt himself being dragged into it, like a useless slum.

He was now slowly falling and he saw many types of pots and flowers. Some pots were labelled honey or jam or something sweet.. this reminded him of the Rabbit Hole in Alice of Wonderland until he suddenly started to fall down even quicker, like something was grabbing him down.

Then he landed on his two feet and smashed head first to the ground.

Ouch..

After a few moments, he got up and saw a tall lady who had green wispy hair and a golden symbol in the middle.

"Hello?" He tried but she walked right through him.

Oh great. It was one of these things where no one can see anybody but he can see everyone. Like a ghost.

Then he saw her collapse to the ground

"WHY! ALL I HAVE DONE IS BE KIND TO EVERYONE AND IT IS LIKE THE WORLD HAS TURNED AGAINST ME!!! I AM SICK OF IT! SICK! IF THEY THINK I AM EVIL, I WILL SHOW THEM EVIL!"

Suddenly, the world started turning again and he was there, standing in a crowd of people who were holding arrows and swords.

"BURN HER! BURN HER! BURN HER!" They all chanted.

Then he saw the same green lady walking up to the burning log, people shoving her towards it. There was chaos, until she finally spoke,

My dear people,

I have loved you all and I am sorry for what I have done. I pray to God for all the sins that I have committed and I admit I am guilty for being a tyrant. Taking control over all of you. I was blinded by jealousy and hate, two sins that I beg our lord forgive me for. I pray for all of your forgiveness and I am sorry I could not be who I was expected to be.."

Silence. Not even a breath.

She beckoned the men to tie her up on the burning log and burn her. When it was enlightened she didn't even scream. She just hook there, tears flowing out of her eyes.

"My God, what a wonderful life it has been"

UK felt himself being thrown back into the present and he landed back to the room where he started.

"How was it?"

Britain jumped and mumbled,

"Like something you could never have imagined"

"Well, you should get some sleep then, ey? It takes up lots of energy.."

"Yeah, yeah."

As UK was walking up the stairs, he couldn't help but want to go back there, see something else. It was like it was calling him.

Before he could even think, he ran back into the library and found the same statue. He pushed it and with ease, it opened.

The same room, with columns of books and the red velvet book with the golden pocket watch lay on the table. He took a quick look around and opened the book one more to the next chapter.

Chapter 2: Yorkist

She sounded quite familiar to Britain but he immediately pushed that thought out of his mind. She might have been some relative to England.

He opened the book and read

"Yorkist had a baby boy once and she wanted nothing on the world but to protect him. When she found out that her son was destined to rule the British Isles and England was trying to take him, she defended him with all her might. Unfortunately, she was captured and her boy was taken from her. She was then beheaded."

"Wow" thought UK, "That is really tragic.."

He twisted the clock one quarter and fell into the same rabbit hole again and landed on his face once more.

He saw a beautiful woman wearing white and she had lovely curly blue hair, exactly like his. She seemed to be holding her baby..

"Oh my son Britannia, I promise I won't let anyone take you and if I die, I promise to watch over you. I am so proud of you son.."

Britannia.. that was his name.. wait. No. It couldn't be..

He walked closer to the woman to get a view of the baby. It had the Union Jack symbol exactly like him

No. No. No. No.

He was pushed back to the present..

He was on the verge of tears and turned he clock again. HE NEEDED TO SEE MORE.

He was back again but this time in the Tower of London. His mother walked slowly to the executioner's block to give her last words.

"My dear son, I am sorry I couldn't protect you. I know you will make an awesome King and I wish you the best happiness. You are special. I knew it from the minute you were born that you were something unique. That you would change the world. I am really sorry that I can't stand and watch you grow into a handsome young man that I know you are but I will watch you from above, I promise. I will always be there for you and I am very, very proud of you.."

She put her head down on the executioner's block and when the sword was about to slice her head, she whispered,

I love you Britannia

He was back in the present and tears slipped down his cheek and he screamed.

Then everything was black.

~
Very angsty I know but did you like the plot twist? lol! Next chapter is also going to be a bit of angst too but yeahhhhh...

HAVE A GREAT DAY:)🍵